- 𝟏𝟑

⃗

..⃗. [ 𝚂𝙺𝙸𝙻𝙻𝚂 ] 𑁍ࠜೄ ・゚ˊˎ
﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋

"WE'VE GOT A LOT OF WORK TO DO" Coach began. "We've gotta study our opponents and study ourselves." Jans, Coach Bombay, Charlie and Darcy all sat around a small tv watching their game against Iceland a few days ago.

"We have to learn from our mistakes, you all have special skills, now we have to refine them." Jans was trying to help Luis learn to stop. It wasn't going well at first but he got there soon enough. Jans would stack cans up on the ice and Luis would try to stop in front of them.

"We need to go back to basics." Coach would make everyone crawl across the ice and basically do first day training. Like you would do when you first start hockey. Sometimes he'd send everyone to the gym and run for hours on the treadmills or use the weights.

Another time everyone had to shoot as many shots at the same time at Goldberg so he would learn to block almost every single one that came at him. They had one day of training left before the game the day after.

"Hey, Darcy?" Charlie walked up to the girl, Julie and Connie smirking as they kept their noses in their locker and out of the conversation. "Hi Charlie" she turned around with a smile, pulling her jacket on.

"So I was thinking, do you maybe wanna go to the diner down town and uh— well maybe . . ." He stuttered, looking over to coach and Miss Mackay. Darcy looked their way and shook her head smiling.

She heard him take a deep breath before carrying on, "do you wanna go on a date? With me?" He finally got out.

"I'd love to, Conway" she kissed his cheek, shutting her locker behind her after hanging her jersey up with her gear. Everyone left the locker room. Connie and Guy held hands walking out, Dwayne and Fulton walked out together, and everyone was basically in pairs. Goldberg quickly followed after Julie as he was almost the last one out.

Charlie and Darcy walked hand in hand near Connie and Guy as everyone was also going to the diner, but sitting separately to Darcy and Charlie as they had already planned it.

"See ya guys" Darcy waved a little as the group split up and went to their seats in the diner. Charlie and Darcy took a seat at the counter, the group continuously smirking at them. "Hey what can I get for you kids" the waitress walked over with a pen and paper.

"Two chocolate shakes and some fries please" Charlie smiled, knowing Darcy's favourite was chocolate. "Hey how'd you know?" Her face flushed a soft pink. "Julie told me."

"Oh she did? Averman told me about the Spazway nickname" she smirked cheekily. He covered his face smiling, "god." "What's so bad about it?— oh wait never mind" she giggled softly. He smiled at her, resting his hand on his fist admiring her.

She gave him a sweet smile back, locking eyes with him. The waitress interrupted their little moment as she brought their food over. "Thanks" Darcy smiled, sipping her chocolate shake.

"So, tell me about New York. Is it really what people say it is?" Charlie asks. "What do people say it is?" She turns to him, picking up a fry and dipping it in her milkshake. "Is it really 'The city of dreams'?" He raises his eyebrows.

"I would say so. I actually live in the quieter parts of Manhattan, in the back streets basically. Ive her to Broadway and Times Square and to be honest, they really are magical— especially at night." Charlie loved listening to Darcy talk about things she loved, she always had this aura around her that gave off the happiest energy.

"Tell me about Minneapolis" she took a few fries after he did. "Well it's cold half the time and it snows a lot. Cant really compare it to New York though" he stuffed a few fries in his mouth.

"Well I think if you take in the little things around you, you can see the real beauty of everything" she told him, putting on a sort of posh accent that didn't really work because of her New York accent. "I don't want you to go back to New York" he sighed, dipping his fry more times than he needed to in the ketchup.

"I don't wanna leave either . . . I'm gonna miss you all" she pouted softly, sticking her bottom lip out. "Hey, we still have like a week left though right?" She added, picking the mood up. "Yeah" he nodded.

The thought of leaving her newfound friends and crush, crushed darcy. She didn't want to leave them. She had found lifelong friends. Even though she had friends— well one, Violet, she couldn't leave them.

(Sorry it's so short I'm busy atm and wanted to get this part finished :(( )

THE MIGHTY DUCKS , C.CONWAY
JUNE 12TH 2021