- 𝟎𝟕

⃗

..⃗.  [ 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙵𝙰𝙼𝙴 ] 𑁍ࠜೄ ・゚ˊˎ
﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋

JUST A FEW HOURS EARLIER, Team USA had just won their match against Trinidad Tobago. "There's a press conference?!" Darcy's eyes widened. She might have been from New York, and a NYC stereotype is that everyone is cocky and confident.

But Darcy wasn't, she got the jitters every time she had to do something in front of people. It was different on the ice though, she was doing what she loved then.

"Ladies and gentlemen, team USA hockey" mr Tibbles introduced as the people clapped their hands. "Julie I'm scared outta my mind for this" she whispered as they walked onto the stage wearing red, white and blue.

"Don't be, you'll be fine. Stay by Charlie hold his hand" she smirked, standing next to Averman and Kenny. Darcy stood behind Kenny and on Averman's left with Charlie on her left, of course.

"And the man chosen to lead them to the gold, Gordon Bombay" everyone turned to coach and clapped for him as Darcy just tried to keep a smile on her face. "Bring the bear up here. This is Henry, the Hendrix bear."

"There's a fuckin' bear?" Darcy whispered to Julie. "I dunno, but I'm liking this" she smiled widely. In the crowd at the very front, Ms Mackay shot Darcy a soft smile asking if she was okay. Darcy nodded her head hesitantly, looking at the tall bear who walked up to them.

"Okay okay, you" mr Tibbles pointed at someone while the bear ran off. A blonde lady in a bright blue suit stood up, "team USA, how does it feel competing on the international level here in Los Angeles?"

"Um—" coach began. "It feels good, we love it!" A few of the kids spoke up, coach giving them a smile. "Coach Bombay, the vikings from Iceland are the heavy favourite. Their coach had already guaranteed victory. How are you gonna handle them?" A woman in a pink suit stood up.

"Um— hard work? I think our team is ready to go up against the best in the world." As they we're talking about Iceland, Darcy noticed a large group of blonde boys following behind a man who had his heat slicked back, live a villain in a movie.

"We're not worried about 'em" coach went on. "Who's that?" Darcy leaned over to Charlie, pointing to the group. "Dunno" he shrugged, "looks scary though." "Iceland may be tough, but we're team USA and we're going all the way" he finished his answer.

"Team USA's going down, that's where you're going" the man shouted from the back as the 13 year olds were about to step off stage. All of the camera's turned to him. "See you on the ice, Bombay"

"That's uh, Stansson. Coach of the Iceland team, he's wound a little tight" mr Tibbles informed them. "Stansson from the NHL? Wolf 'the dentist' Stansson is coaching? You didn't tell me that." Charlie, Kenny, Julie and Darcy stood on the steps looking at Stansson.

"That guys a dentist?" Kenny asked. "That was his nickname. Played one year of pro, collected more teeth than goals. He even punched out his coach." Charlie told the small boy. "I heard they ran him out of the league and the country" Julie looked at them.

"I heard that darcy Henderson is that nervous 'bout the Iceland game she might be sick" darcy fidgeted with her jacket, watching the villain-like man. "You're gonna be fine, Henderson" Charlie looked at her with a smile, leading them down to the rest of the team.

"That's the team? Those guys are huge!" Kenny followed the three of them.

****

There was a knock at the door, Julie got up to open it. "Hey" a familiar voice said. "Hi what's up?" Julie asked. The voice was Charlie. "Um— so we're playing truth or dare and I got dared to ask you guys to join us?" He struggled to remember. "Oh, girls Wanna play truth or dare with the rest of the team?" Julie yelled back to them.

"Yes!" Connie got up. "Hey you knocked my pizza off the bed!" Darcy whined as she got up and saw Charlie. "Hey Conway" she smiled, picking the pizza box up and walking to the other three. Charlie lead the girls back to their room where almost all of the boys where.

Connie followed Charlie as she took a seat with Guy,  Julie sat on a pillow on the floor and Darcy took her hair out of the ponytail as she took a seat on one of the beds next to Connie. "Okay, truth or dare right?" Julie asked. "Yup, ladies first" Goldberg gave her a pleasant smile.

"Alright . . ." She thought, "Jesse truth or dare?" She asked. The dares began simple and funny, slowly escalating from there. They soon got loud and obnoxious to the other teams, getting dared to yell off the balcony.

A few of them took a turn when someone was told to kiss someone else. "Charlie truth or dare?" Adam looks at him with a smirk. "Truth" Charlie answered, nervous for the question.

"You got a girl?" He asks. "Nope." He knew where Adam was going for this, he had told some of the boys on the first day after they met the new players that he thought Darcy was really pretty and they took it an extra mile by teasing him about it.

"Hey guys— I think I'm gonna head to bed now. It's getting late and we have a big day ahead of us tomorrow" Darcy got up from her spot, not wanting to leave but she was really getting tired. "We'll see ya in a bit Darc" Julie and Connie gave her a small hug. "Charlie walk back with her make sure none of the Iceland team messes with her while she's out there" Adam lays back on his bed.

"Yes sir" the boy gets up, walking to the dormitory door and opening it for Darcy. She waved goodnight before thanking Charlie and walking outside as he followed her.

He left the door open a little so he could get back in but the rest of the group ran to the door, sticking their heads out slightly to watch and listen to them. "Excited or nervous for the game tomorrow?" Charlie asked, sliding his hands into his back pockets.

"A bit of both, but as long as everyone's there I think I'll be okay" she smiled at him. He nodded his head in reply, silence filling the hallway for a while. "Oh my god make a move" Adam whispered to himself as they watched. She stared at him for a minute, her eyes lingering on his beautiful, chocolate brown eyes.

"Night Charlie" she said softly, leaning up to kiss his cheek as she unlocked her room door and walked inside. Charlie stood there for a second, more flustered than when his mom would embarrass him at family gatherings.

"Goodnight Darcy" he whispered, walking back to his room as the others scrambled away from the door.

THE MIGHTY DUCKS , C.CONWAY
JUNE 9TH 2021