18. Don't Deny it

Start from the beginning

Edmund threw Fischer around with occasional expletives, he protected himself countless times by sacrificing his assistant. By now I highly doubted that Edmund had any right to make fun of Lee when it came to this genre. Because unlike him, Lee had a selective coping mechanism. It was to get mad at any zombie or butchered actor that paid him a visit.

"YOU HAVE NO MORALS SCARING A DIABETIC MAN LIKE THAT"

"FINE THAT WAS COOL, NOW GO AWAY"

"ALDO STOP SCREAMING"

Were his go to's

But Edmund embraced a terrified Fischer only to push him into a chamber of nightmares once he couldn't find a way out.

"What kind of an escape room is this" Edmund grunts as I held on to a fist of the shirt Lee had on, he lost his jacket during the first stage of chaos. How it was possible? it's a mystery. I have been concealed behind him in silence for so long that I doubt anyone other than us knew that a girl accompanied these three fellows in.

"The scariest one according to survey in the US" breathed Lee, a pain in his utterance. Then in the dark, he tried to feel my presence.

"You okay?"

Was I?

"I think so"

With the little light through the phone flash Edmund flags it around with wonder.

"Where is Aldo?" he inquires, to which Aldo gripes from behind.

"Don't bring the light here, my pants came loose. I am trying to wear them back"

Edmund killed the torch in respect to his fallen and forced knight. But soon we were looking for the clues, I unlatched myself from Lee looking around individually- as I wander around I bump into a wall. On a concentrated note- I realized it wasn't, in fact a wall. But a large and tall marble pillar.

"Shin" I hear Lee summon me "Stop walking into walls and come here"

Obediently with a harsh blush, I enlist to where they all had huddled by a pool table. Edmund had a ball which he tossed at me with a sheepish smile, scratching the back of his head.

"There's an equation in that" Lee taps at the said variables "Now do the Asian magic"

I look at him, and then at the rest two. Then realizing how hopeless they were I pick my mobile out and punched in the numbers for an answer. I flick the screen at Lee whose lips formed an O, they collectively decided that they were not functioning under pressure. It was the stress meddling with the sanity apparently.

I would like to quote otherwise if I had a chance. But I was polite, so I don't say much.

The number took us to an asylum room where we had a family of zombies waiting for us to touch our feet as they swarm by the floors. Edmund in adrenaline punched one in the face when it tried to slither across his neck. And worriedly I had snatched someone's wig because I had one silky cluster coiled in my hand.

The room gave us another clue, which led us to more adventures where we puzzled the separated words into a phrase when we got to the final room. It was-

Surprise me with what you say and  you all will live

Edmund puckered his lips in frustration, the thirst to escape was getting to us all now. But as soon as Edmund read the script the room falls into pitch-black darkness, the lights burn out and an AI announcement spears through.

"The use of technologies for illumination is prohibited at the final round"

When I had wished for a walk through a thrilling game night, I hadn't foreseen the desperate outcome it could cause me. I was dying to be set free from here. Especially when the bold dose of air was shot at us from every nook and corner, the one we imagine to befall on the day of doom weighs us down. The floor rattles throwing us slightly off-balance, I got on one of my knees as Lee was beside me, always holding my hands. But a hand hits my head, it stayed buried in my hair as Fischer screams.