Maybe she thought wrong.

Maybe it was all an act, and he gave their position to his mother.

Sophie shouted orders through the earpiece, telling everyone to stay put.

Biana removed it, and flung it onto the ground before she unsheathed two twin daggers.

She would die defending the Black Swan if she had to.

Die defending a noble cause from a corrupted one.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Sophie

Sophie'd screamed orders into her earpiece for everyone to remain at their posts.

It was completely useless though.

She knew her team well enough to know that there was no chance they were standing on the sidelines.

She didn't intend to, either.

"Screw logic and common sense," she mumbled, dashing into battle after she replaced herself with an understudy.

If the Black Swan stood any chance in winning this battle, they'd need their most elite team of elite spies.

She wasn't going to deny them that bit of honour, even if it meant they were going down.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Tam

Tam had never known fear so strong before.

He thought he did.

But apparently, he didn't.

He and his sister were outcasts, abandoned by their parents at a young age, just because they got too rebellious.

The Black Swan was his family.

Even the most obnoxious spies in the Cygnets, he treated as siblings, unknown to themselves.

If there was one way he wanted to die, it would be defending the people who protected and loved him.

Linh, especially.

And Biana-

He just prayed he'd get a chance to tell her how he felt about her.

How just one smile from her could instantly lift his normally salty mood.

Preferably before death befell them all.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Linh

The tears came before she knew they were coming.

Linh held back a sob as her footsteps and heartbeat became the only sounds she could hear.

Hopefully no one was dead.

The element of surprise was played against them this time.

Hopefully no one would get hurt.

The Black Swan was skilled, sure. But the Neverseen was ruthless.

Relentless.

This was the only home she had.

After being left unwanted with Tam at an orphanage at the age of seven, the Cygnets were her only family left.

Sophie was as much of her sister as the sky was blue.

Dex was as much of her brother as Tam was.

And the others meant just as much to her.

If she had to live through any of their deaths, she would never forgive herself.