Chapter 2

A/N: I've decided I won't have A/Ns at the beginning if I have nothing to say, starting from this chapter onwards so yeah, on to the story!

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

From his voice, Sophie could tell it was Agent Lodestar. Not that she heard his voice often. Just twice when the Neverseen and the Black Swan's missions clashed.

Agent Lodestar was the son of Lady Gisela. The leader of the Neverseen.

Agent Granite, a member of the Black Swan's ruling order, the Collective, told her that Lodestar had been trained since he was a toddler to take over the Neverseen in the future.

That was what the Black Swan wanted her to do.

So yup, the Moonlark and the Lodestar were practically rivals since birth, even though he was a year older than she was.

She kept her cool and subtly secured the scrolls in her pocket.

Calmly, she turned. "Didn't go visit you 'cause I didn't think you'd welcome me. Hello again, Lodestar, you're looking good."

He mock saluted her with two fingers. "Moonlark. You're looking pretty good yourself."

"What did you say? I'm sorry, I think I'll hear you better with my dagger at your throat."

Sophie unsheathed two daggers with alarming speed. Unfortunately, so did Agent Lodestar.

Their blades crashed with a deafening SHINK! Sophie cursed. She seemed to be doing that a lot this mission.

God help her if the other Neverseen agents were nearby.

Having seen Lodestar before, she never actually fought in a hand to hand combat with him. And he was good. In fact, their abilities were matched.

Two professionals trained since toddler age. Fighting each other.

Everytime one of them swung a blade, the other would intercept it just in time with one of theirs.

Lodestar swiped his dagger at her head. Sophie ducked, and did the same action to his waist.

Luck was so NOT on her side that night. Because he caught her dagger and twisted it out of her grip.

That was when Sophie decided she had enough. When Lodestar swiped his dagger in her direction again, she grabbed his wrist and judo flipped him.

He landed on his stomach. Sophie pounced on top of him and put her blade to his neck.

"Apparently the legendary Lodestar can't fight very well against a girl, can he?" She mocked triumphantly. "Just so you know, I've been training since I was three."

Lodestar stopped struggling. "I've been training since four."

Sophie's grip slackened ever so slightly so she could catch her breath.

The dirty schemer, Lodestar took the chance to roll out of under her.

Sophie had the disadvantage. She was shorter, younger than him, and only had one of her daggers.

In the heat of the moment, she forgot what her trainer had always told her. Don't go near the wall. Your enemy can trap you.

And that was exactly what happened.

Agent Lodestar forced her to the wall and pressed his blade to her throat.

"You're having calculation errors there, Moonlark." Sophie could practically hear the smirk in his voice. "Because even though you trained a year earlier than me, you forgot I'm still older than you."