Chapter 12

A/N: Short and quick announcement, instead of tagging my friends every few sentences, they'll now go by this:

@Jimin-is-a-mochi - Jenna

@Pokespeshipper - Sakura

Before the story starts: My tags NEVER. EVER. WORK.

Slight trigger warning: A little blood and gory stuff in this chapter, had to add excitement for a dramatic end. ;)) (Chill guys, you know I won't actually kill anyone off. Well unless I have an excellent reason.)

Now go read. :))

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Sophie

"Say what now?" Sophie frowned, leaning forward.

The Sophie and Keefe, along with the now reunited Jolie and Brant, were sitting at a table in a discreet corner.

"There's a possibility," Brant murmured. "I'm not sure if I'd successfully shaken off Gisela's minions on my tail. At best, I lost them. At worst... " He grimaced. "They could be watching the conversation now."

"What chance do we have of fighting them if they're really here?" Sophie palmed a dagger.

"Hard to say. A fifty-fifty at least."

"It'll be better to hope for 'ditched', and not 'fifty-fifty'," Keefe countered.

Brant shrugged. "For now, let's focus on the intel I got you. First, I know the Neverseen is planning an attack- "

"Attack to where?" Jolie frowned.

"The government. The Black Swan. Both. All I know, is that the one planned on the government is a threat to release a newly lab created virus across the world, and while the Black Swan is panicking about that, they take the chance to infiltrate them."

Keefe cursed. Loudly. Which led to Sophie slapping his arm.

"Language," she scolded. "But then it's not like they haven't attempted to infiltrate before, in fact, they've tried multiple times, and we've found all them out."

"No," Brant shook his head. "This one's different. I've heard gossip travel about recently. It's said that Gisela managed to sneak in her son."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Keefe

Keefe's stomach tightened.

"Lodestar?" Jolie asked in disbelief.

When Brant confirmed with a nod, Sophie, sensing Keefe's discomfort, took his hand. "This changes nothing," she murmured in reassurance.

"I don't want to help my mom," he said, close to shaking.

"Hey... I know you don't, okay? I believe you," Sophie leaned on him.

"I know," she repeated. "I know you're not that kind of person, okay?"

Keefe leaned his cheek on her head. "Brant doesn't know who I am," he whispered, loud enough for only her to hear.

He eyed Brant and Jolie, who were in the middle of a heated argument on which side was safest for Brant to stay if the attack really issued.

"We all keep hoods on... Unless special permission, we're not even allowed to know each other's identities," Keefe looked at his feet. "So... Unless you want me to come clean... "

"It's your decision, if you don't want to... Or if you want me to help you blurt it out, then- "

"That would be preferable. Given the fact that your sister would probably kill me if she finds out that you've been dating your mortal nemesis... "