I'm shocked. He heard me crying? How did he know I went to the comfort room after I left him? However, I didn't just cry over the pain but I cried because I was hurt again by the insults and bad treatment I constantly get from colleagues. I thought there would be no more bullying if I reach adulthood but that wasn't the case. That made me feel really sad and made my self-worth go to zero. He triggered my painful emotions that made me cry.

I talked back at him with an angry tone and said "Then why did you not say anything also if you heard me crying?"

He clicked his tongue. "Of course I was unsure because it was dark. It all made sense when I overheard a conversation between two ladies in the convenience store near the company while I was at a line to the cashier with those ladies in front of me during lunch time."

"They said they saw a girl in the comfort room who had a post-crying face. One lady recognized you that you were from our department." He added.

Those ladies! They should not talk about that in public! Now I was seen through my lie.

"I even chased you when I noticed you left me to confirm if something was wrong with you." Charles put his hand on his forehead using his right hand acting like he is stressed.

"H-how did you know I went to the nurse's office?" I shyly said.

"You took so long to return in the office and when I saw your ankle wrapped with a bandage earlier." He said.

I have nothing to say. He saw through my lie. I still don't want to tell him about why I cried in the storage room.

"It's infuriating that you lied to me when I asked you where you went after leaving the storage room. When I heard the conversation of the two ladies, I thought of slipping it through but I changed my mind when you kept insisting you're alright when you fell for the second time." He said this angrily.

I'm currently having mixed emotions. I'm mad and scared at the same time as I looked to Charles's angry face. I want to shout at him and slap his face but I don't have the courage to do so. I can't even stand because of my injured ankle to kick his ass. Strong words but easier said than done.

Don't act like you're concerned at me, you prick Charles! Why would you get mad at me for something trivial like this? Is it because I left you in the storage room? If that's it, that would be funny because he's acting a kid that has separation anxiety from his mother.

I know it's important to say something if there's a problem but of all people, I don't want to get involved with people like him. I lied because I don't want people to concern over me for something trivial like this. I wouldn't be here with him if I didn't fell off the stairs. If only I looked my way down properly!

I kind of understood the reason why he's mad at me somehow. Anyone would be mad if someone lied to them. Reese was kind of disappointed at me earlier for not saying anything to her.

"Ms. Barling, the results are in. The doctor will explain the results." I looked to the nurse and I said okay. The nurse pushed the wheelchair to the consultation room. Apparently, Charles is coming with me.

As Charles and I settled inside the room, the doctor went in with the results on hand.

"Hey, I didn't know you're in duty today, bro." Charles casually said this to the doctor.

I was confused. He called the doctor bro?

This doctor looked and smiled at me.

"I'm Dr. Dylan Stein. The guy with you is my younger brother."

I was surprised. They're siblings? They are quite similar in looks.

"Oh really? Indeed, both of you look similar." I smiled at him.