Chapter 17

Tw: attempted die

"N-no..." Tommy was hesitant to speak.

Dream seemed to smile behind the mask. "Oh come on now. It'll be better this way."

Tommy covered his ears, hoping to drown out Dream's voice. Technoblade and Phil were grabbing the boy's shoulders and asking if he was ok. Their voices sounded so far away. They were right next to him, but they sounded gone.

"I'm...I'm not going with you!" Tommy yelled, shocking everyone around.

Dream's head cocked to the side, in curiosity. You could definitely tell he was smiling now.

"You don't have to." Dream said, his voice very comforting for some reason. "I just want you to see your fate, when you become the king."

Tommy stared at the man.

It felt like it was just them in the garden now. Even though he could still see people, it was just them.

Tommy felt a curiosity spark within him. He wanted to know what Dream meant by that. Everything inside him was telling him not too, but one.

One voice told him to follow Dream. It was louder and bigger than the rest. It almost sounded like Dream's.

Tommy took a step forward. He wasn't in control of his body anymore. He couldn't take control anymore. His body walked closer to the green smiling man. Tommy tried to get his body to stop, but it wouldn't.

Dreams grin got bigger. "Having trouble?" He was mocking the prince.

"W-what's happening to me?" Tommy asked.

"Don't worry." A comforting smile placed across Dream's face. "You won't be scared anymore."

The closer Tommy walked to Dream, the closer he felt to happiness. It was a strange feeling and something that he had never experienced before. He didn't even know that he was walking closer to one of the pillars. All Tommy knew, was that the pain would go away soon.

The prince could feel his game raise and walk behind the large marble pillar. The sound of someone thumping on the grass got closer to him. Tommy looked behind the pillar to be met his a knife.

It was a glistening iron blade. The knife had the engravings of a rose on it. When he looked down at it, his reflection stared back at him.

Tommy picked up the knife and stared at himself. He knew that Dream had left this here just for him. He could feel his knees get tried, so he let himself fall into the ground and sit on his legs. Everything was getting more and more tiring.

Dream came up from behind Tommy and grabbed his wrist, showing where the blade needed to go. Dream guided the knife towards his hand and held it still.

"You can go see your family again." Dream whispered into Tommy's ear.

Tommy started to lower the knife, but a hand grabbed his arm and prevented him from going any farther.

"Put it down." Philza spoke, holding Tommy's arm tightly.

The prince snapped back into reality and dropped the knife immediately. He didn't know what he was doing or even thinking. That wasn't himself controlling his body, was it?

Phil slowly pulled the boy up onto his feet, comforting him. "It's ok. Don't panic. I'm here."

Phil seemed very calm, for some reason. How was he not freaking out? Tommy had almost...

Tommy could feel tears start to poke at his eyes. He couldn't believe what he had almost done. What Dream had almost made him do.

Phil started to walk backwards and brought Tommy with him. He gently held onto Tommy's arms and kept him from getting any closer to the knife. While Phil took care of Tommy, Technoblade came over and smashed the knife into tiny pieces.

Tommy watched as Techno had smashed it like it was nothing. He knew that Techno was very strong, but not that strong. The General had crushed it within one hit. It was like he had broken just a tiny twig.

Phil turned Tommy around and hugged him once again.

Tommy didn't really want the hug right now. He was still shocked from what had just happened.

All the guards looked scared and wanting to come over to the prince, to protect him for the rest of his life. Sam and Ponk looked more worried than the rest of them.

Tommy couldn't stop thinking about Dream. There has to be someway to get rid of him. And there is only one way. There is one person left who can help him.

Kristen...