Akise took out another mob fairly quickly with the legendary sword, slicing the mob's thick scales as if it was only air. The sword had a hilt covered with gold, with two lion heads protruding at its cross guards and a royal emblem embedded into it. The middle section of the blade had a strip of gold symbols delicately carved into it. The sword did live up to its name; Akise's finger had a tiny cut with blood oozing out the moment he simply touched its edges. A fearsome sword obtained from a fearsome enemy, the elusive Field Boss <<Fallen Warrior Ronan>>. Fair trade indeed. Luna who had gotten used to Akise's wide range of knowledge nodded and asked.

"So why do you still want Corvalt to pay you back for the sword? Obviously this sword is much better than your previous one right?"

"Ah that was for fun. Couldn't I get a bit of fun too here? Man, am I cruel~"

Akise chuckled to himself and went forth as Luna lagged behind. He's changed, thought Luna. From that day on the 51st floor, Akise's change began. Of course, he was still the ever-serious and cold Akise, but he wasn't as uptight as before. Whatever she told him, no matter how ridiculous it sounded, Akise would respond positively and if she was lucky, he would actually laughed. Luna smiled to herself. Yep, she was beginning to see his true self, little by little. Or maybe, he did feel something... But then, she decided she shouldn't get her hopes up too much, it would be so embarrassing if she turned out to be wrong.

"I wish I have your excellent deduction skills..."

The sound of a dying <<Demonic Seajelly>> drowned out her voice, but Akise still turned over to ask.

"Hmm? What?"

"Ah, nothing..."

Idiot! Luna silently scolded herself as they tracked down Corvalt's whereabouts. He should be near by now, Luna could sense somebody's presence just ahead. She was so focused that she almost bumped into Akise, who had stopped suddenly.

"Akise? What's up?"

Despite his calmness, Akise's voice carried a dark tone to it.

"... Corvalt's HP bar, it wasn't decreasing just now wasn't it?"

Her eyes travelled to the top-left of her field of vision. The second HP bar beside Corvalt's name was steadily decreasing. It wasn't stopping at all. She then tried to sense around once more. Her findings made her heart sink.

"Akise! It's a PK! Corvalt's in danger!"

Akise couldn't hide the shock on his face. A PK-er up in the higher floors was rare, but if what Luna said was true... then Corvalt was in danger. Grave danger. As if to prove his point, Corvalt's HP bar was now reaching the red zone already. If there was a PK-er at this level then it could only mean... <<Laughing Coffin>>. The name itself send shivers down his spine. Meanwhile, Luna hoped against hope that he would be fine.

This was Corvalt, of course he would be fine right?

They finally got through the mess of rocks and corals, reaching a sandy clearing. Corvalt lay in the middle, panting hard and trying to get up. A horrible gash travelled from his right shoulder and ended at his left hip. On the other hand, the PK-er dressed in a black cloak was trying to escape from the crime scene. In a flash, Luna had her daggers out.

"You're not going anywhere!!!"

Her dagger hit the mark; right in the middle of the person's chest. His death was quick; he disappeared into blue polygons in a matter of seconds. However, Luna didn't bother to examine her handiwork and hurried to Akise's side, who was trying to heal Corvalt. However, Corvalt pushed away the crystal. Slowly shaking his head, he gave them an almost too peaceful smile. Luna's gut feeling was spot on and she hated it. Really, really hated it. Corvalt was talking to Akise, clearly exerting all of his fading strength into words. Conveying his thoughts.

"It's alright guys, you guys will make it for sure. I knew from the start that you two were something special; that you'll do miraculous things out there. Even if I'm not there anymore, please help the others to go back to their families."

Akise wasn't crying, but his voice had cracked. His face grew as white as sheet. Luna grabbed his free hand, hoping some of her warmth would reach him.

"What about you?! We would have never made it here without you! You're our precious friend! Don't leave us!"

Again, Corvalt shook his head. Luna held her breath; paying all her attention to one of her precious friends. Every second of his vanishing life was precious.

"When I die, promise me you will clear this game. For the other players, for those waiting people out there... unlike me, they still have families who are waiting for them. There's nothing more I can ask for in SAO. Meeting you guys was the best thing ever."

A moment of silence filled the area until Akise finally responded.

".... I promise. I'll show you for God. Damn, Sure, that I'll clear this game. You better be watching us or I'll never forgive you. Never."

Corvalt nodded, his eyes already drooping and his whole body turning white. So did Akise's face; almost the same colour of his hair now. A pure, deathly white.

"As harsh as always. Thanks for everything, partner."

Corvalt weakly held up a fist, aiming it at Akise. Luna recognized it as a brofist gesture. Akise returned it with his own fist, managing a meek smile.

"No problem, partner. Rest well."

With that, his partner shattered into blue petals of light, disappearing slowly into the sky above. Akise stared up, his tears drying up quickly with a determined look on his face. The sky had Corvalt's hair color, which calmed him somehow as if Corvalt was still there. Watching over them as he had always done. The party now consisted of only two people. After a few seconds of silence, Akise turned towards Luna, whose own tears too were drying quickly.

"... The PK just now... He had that guild's emblem, <<Laughing Coffin>>on his arms."

Luna's eyes widened slightly. <<Laughing Coffin>>, the most notorious killing guild in SAO. A guild full of heartless murderers. Was Akise planning to declare war against them? By himself? Somehow, Akise read her thoughts.

"No, we won't attack them alone, we wouldn't stand a chance against the entire guild. If we want to go against a guild, then we need a guild to back us up. One that will not turn a blind eye towards all these PK-ings. One that can rival <<Laughing Coffin>>."

"... What guild are you suggesting?"

Akise turned towards her, his red eyes glowing unnaturally in his grief.

"The <<Knights of the Blood Oath>>, the KoBs. They're the only ones who can stop them. We need their help."

A/N: Nooo Cory ! OAO In case you're wondering what's his real name then come check out the trivia I'll be doing after the fanfic. Picture credits goes to owner/ artist~