1.9

the photo is leila and what she's wearing.

- - -

1.9; christmas party.

DECEMBER 23, 2014...

♡ leila anderson. ♡

Everyone was probably at the Christmas party already, yet I'm still here, stalling to go out of Isabel's car and enjoy the party like I was supposed to. Keyword: supposed. If only Matthew didn't give me such a sinister impression about the party the day we were hanging out in the swings, then maybe I would be already dancing to a song and laughing with Isabel. Instead, here she is, probably irked with me because I kept stalling while she wanted to leave already.

"My hair is probably a mess right now, isn't it? Hang on just one minute, I'm going to fix it." I say and was about to remove my hair ponytail, but Isabel quickly spoke up before I could do anything else that would waste our time.

"No!" she raised her voice, making me flinch because of the abrupt change of volume. She was clearly annoyed with me, and she didn't even try to hide the fact that she was - and I kind of expected that, since she was my best friend. "You untie your hair, say anything negative about your dang dress, or stall even just a little bit more...I'm going to leave and lock you in this car and wait until you suffocate!"

"Dang." I murmured, slightly surprised, yet not. I wasn't actually scared (obviously) because I knew that Isabel would never do that to me. It took me my inner strength not to test her and complain about something. But I did feel slightly bad, since I knew Isabel liked parties, and I was holding her back from one of the biggest ones of the year.

Isabel sighed. "Look, Leila...I will be beside you for the whole party, okay? Matthew won't even get a chance to talk to you." she promised me, knowing the situation between Matthew and I, and what he had told me at the swings.

Finally, I found myself nodding in agreement and sighing, the both of us now stepping out of the car. I took Isabel's promise to mind as the both of us stepped into the crowded, drunken teenagers-filled house, though I wish I hadn't put too much trust on her and made a bet that she would have left me - but too bad I didn't.

The first few minutes were fine, and she was pulling me everywhere she went; but then, all of a sudden, we kind of just drifted away and now I was alone whilst she was partying - although, I kind of predicted that she would leave me, so when I turned around and she wasn't there, I just thought: I knew it.

It was hard to maneuver through the crowd of dancing teenagers, but I somehow managed, and ended up being in the kitchen. There were empty solo cups on the ground, in which I just kicked away and trudged to the fridge. I opened it and got myself a coke, drinking that instead of the alcohol people were passing around.

After a few more minutes of me just staring at the island counter table, almost drifting off, I heard a familiar voice say: "Wow...you look beautiful, Leila."

My head instantly snapped up and reverted to the entrance of the kitchen where I spotted Seth! "Oh my god, Seth!" I gasped and set the coke down on the counter, walking as fast as I could (it was difficult to hurry, since I was wearing heels) towards him. "You're here?" I asked as I hugged him. He hugged me back, which made me really warm. I didn't bring a jacket to this party, and the occasional open of the front door made the winter winds blow in, causing the house to be chilly.

"Nice to see you again," he chuckled and pulled away from the hug, flashing his perfect smile. "But yeah, I'm here...although, I plan on leaving now. I'm not really one to stay all night a party - plus, Matthew saw me here and I know he preferred me back at my house." Seth laughed, making my heart flutter because of how angelic it sounded.