0.7

0.7; pulled down to hell.

♡ leila anderson. ♡

"Ew. Stay away from him, Leila." Isabel warned when I told her about what happened this morning, with my encounter with Matthew. I continued to put everything I needed for today from my locker into my backpack, as she continued to babble. "I can't believe that you're his next target. I mean, just think about it-"

"No, I'd rather not," I interrupted her, shutting my locker close and smiling fakely. We then both began to walk to science class. "Plus, I know that I need to stay away from him, but I sort of can't. I have to finish this project." 

"Speaking of project, James and I are almost done." Isabel announced, slightly blushing. Of course she was blushing; James Lockwood is one hell of a boy - and his personality, which I'm sure Isabel had experienced, is an extra bonus. He's very kind. 

"You're seriously so lucky!" I groaned and she smirked, truly enjoying seeing me suffer by working with Matthew for this project - and Mason, too, but he never even bothers me. He's just kind of...there

Both of us just chatted about anything that came up until we reached the class. My eyebrows creased and so did Isabel's when we noticed everyone was seated somewhere different - not at their regular spot I see them sit at every day. 

Our gazes moved to the whiteboard where there was a note written by Mrs. Glynn: SIT WITH YOUR PARTNER(S)Great, I thought and huffed out loud, my eyes scanning the room for Mason and Matthew. Just my luck. 

I trudged over to where Mason and Matthew were (the back row) and flopped down on a seat, which happens to be in between them. Why did they leave a seat between them? I have no idea - but my assumption is that Matthew forced Mason to sit where he was sitting now, so that I would be forced to sit in the middle. 

"How was your walk?" Matthew sneered when he noticed that I was beside him. But honestly, though, today he decides to be early for science? Why couldn't he have just disappeared - or at least didn't show up at all for first block?

I rolled my eyes and smiled a fake smile. I noticed that all my smiles with Matthew seemed to be fake. "Great, actually," I answer him and he nods, still smirking. He leaned on his fist with his elbow rested on the table. "I see, unfortunately, that you didn't get into a car crash and go to hell - where you belong."

"Please, Leila. If I go to hell, I'll pull you down with me. I mean, Satan does belong there after all." 

I didn't say anything after that, because I decided that it was just best if I just ignore this little asshole and focus on Mrs. Glynn, who was now walking up to the front of the class, enthusiastic as always. "Good morning everybody! Happy Wednesday!" she chirped and began to take attendance. 

As she did, I felt Matthew scoot his whole desk and chair next to me, and soon, an arm was around my shoulders. This dude should learn how to eff off and keep his hands to himself, because I swear...I'll cut his arm off and smack him with it, right in front of this class. 

"Matthew, keep you to yourself." I growled and pushed him away harshly, scooting my desk and chair closer to Mason. Although it took all my strength to do that (these chairs and desks are very heavy), at least I'm far away from Matthew - so I'm good. 

Matthew didn't like that (I assume) because he grabbed my chair and pulled me back towards him, and then he did the same with my desk. He's an idiot because that just caused a loud sound and caused the teacher to point us out.

"Leila Anderson, Matthew Espinosa, what on earth is going on back there?" she scolded and the whole class turned their heads to us - all except Mason who looked like he was going to fall asleep. I guess he was already used to Matthew and I's stupid arguments and fights, so this didn't really faze him. 

"Oh, nothing." I lied and smiled innocently, even though Matthew's fingernails were grazing on my thigh - but the teacher and everyone else couldn't see it, because we were at the back row.

Mrs. Glynn nodded slowly, her eyes narrowed. Soon, she began to teach again and the class looked away, not even noticing how close Matthew and I were, and how suspiciously close our desks were. Once they weren't looking, I slapped Matthew's hand away but didn't even bother to scoot away. I knew he would just pull me back, so why bother?

"Oh, and Leila," Matthew whispered huskily, close to my ear. "Mason isn't going to be joining us after school today. He said he has this 'family business' and so, it's just going to be you and me."

He looked back at the front and a small smile twitched on the side of his mouth. I gulped and shifted uncomfortably in my seat, my whole body seeming to be tense now. 

♡ matthew espinosa. ♡

It's only going to be Leila and me after school. She thinks we're working on our project, but little did she know...I have something else planned.

☆.。.:*☆

this chapter isn't very amusing ok. 

vote, comment, & follow.

thanks for reading, beauties. (✿◠‿◠)

xo, laura.