1.8

1.8; "players can't be changed."

♡ leila anderson. ♡ 

There was an empty playground here, obviously; meaning the swings were free and no one was around to bother Matthew and I as we sat down on them, slightly swinging back and forth as we spoke to each other - finally a normal conversation between the both of us without arguing. But I knew this normal conversation was soon to come to an end and we'd start arguing again; we always seem to alternate.

Our conversation seemed to transition to many different subjects, but throughout the entire conversation we had, the subject we landed on now was the most interesting. "I've never been in love, now that I think about it," I tell Matthew while looking forward, answering his surprising question: have you ever been in love with anyone? "I've loved, but I was never in love - but I know I will be one day. Everyone will."

"That's so stupid." Matthew remarked and laughed. I turned my head and scowled at him as he laughed. He noticed me glaring at him and he calmed down and rolled his eyes. "Not everyone will fall in love, Leila. Why would you want to, anyways? It's too difficult to stay with only one girl." 

"But if that one girl really meant something to you, then it wouldn't be so difficult," I fired back, scoffing. "Believe it or not, Matthew, but players like you are also capable of falling in love. There will be that one girl who will change them-" 

"Players can't be changed, Leila," Matthew cut me off, chuckling and staring me straight in the eyes, making sure I imprint everything he's saying into my mind. "Maybe in those stupid, dumb movies or TV shows they do...but I'm sure as hell they can't be changed."  

I stayed silent, not bothering to retort to that. Plus, I had nothing else to say, so I just faced forward again and rocked back and forth again as a chilly breeze blew, making me shiver and hug my body. I would put on my hoodie (that was currently on the ground), but it was no use since it was still wet from when I spilt my drink on myself. "You cold?" Matthew asked me. 

"No." 

"Yeah, sure you aren't. You're literally shivering." I rolled my eyes and ignored him, trying to desist on shivering too much, to the point where it was noticeable - like how Matthew noticed me shivering right now. I didn't really expect Matthew to give me the jacket he was wearing, because he probably enjoyed seeing me suffer from freezing. 

"Whatever, I can handle-" I was interrupted when, suddenly, something was thrown at me. Before it fell to the ground, I quickly caught it and noticed...it was Matthew's jacket. What the hell? I thought and raised my eyebrow, looking at Matthew with a confused look. He rolled his eyes. 

"Just put it on...Jesus Christ." he muttered the last part. I rolled my eyes again but obliged, putting on the jacket. It was obviously oversized, but it did help with easing out the cold. Matthew didn't shiver without his jacket; he looked completely fine.

It was silent again, and I was going to ask Matthew if he also wanted to go home now, but he asked a question before I had a chance to say something. "Are you going to the Christmas party?" Matthew asked me almost right after I asked my question, changing the subject. The Christmas party is just like its purpose - it's a Christmas party (celebrated on the 23rd) thrown by a student from the senior batch, although juniors are allowed to attend because most of us are friends with some of the seniors. 

"Yes I am, actually." I replied and didn't bother to ask him if he was going, because I knew for a fact that he was going to attend that party no matter what. Matthew Espinosa does not miss parties - because those are the times where he actually gets a positive chance on getting some action. I want to hurl, just imagining what Matthew is going to be doing during that party, in one of the free bedrooms. 

"Good." 

"Good?" I looked at him, my eyebrows creasing. "Why is it good?" 

"Because, my little Leila, don't you know? That's when everyone is naïve enough to make a stupid mistake...maybe even you." he smiled (but it was more of a smirk), glancing at me briefly before gaping back at the park.

I thought for a while. What the hell does he mean by that?   

☆.。.:*☆

i had no idea how to write this chapter that's why it took so long.

vote, comment, & follow.

thanks for reading, beauties. (✿◠‿◠) 

xo, laura.