Jock Hughes

"They say when you're dying, death will remind you of your memories here. I am here with my head off from my body, his borrowed blade gleaming red cut my neck as we were fighting."
"You were careless"
"Who? Who are you? Mother? Is that you?"
"Yes, now come my son, let me tell you a secret, death is both the end and the beginning of life. Come we shall go to the next one."
-as I touched her, my memories start to visualize. I see my child self as I sit next to my father.-
"Father, where is mother?", said Jock's child reflection. "Where were those men taking her??"
"Sigh... You're mother will not be living with us anymore", replied Jock's father.
-I never understood any of what you said father, until I got older.-
"... You, you mean mother is-?"
"No Jock, you see your mother and I... there are things that cannot be together. But worry not, I will be taking care of you so don,t cry ok?"
"O-okay"
-father-
2 years later in a small village called arlienda.
"Timber!!"
"Father, watch out behind you!"
"Hmmm??"
-as father was dodging the falling tree he tripped on his own axe. The tree fell down, it's branches broke and so did my father's leg-
"Father, father! Are you alright?"
"Hrnnn... My leg, my leg".
"I I'll call for help"
"Wait, son-"
The bells in the town sounded. It was loud. It rang three times.
"That's, Its an attack!", said Jock's father. "Quickly son! Hide!".
"But, but I-"
As they were conversating with each other 4 men came running. 3 were guards and the other one is the lord of the town.
"Jock! boy what are you doing, run!", said one of the guards.
"B-but father's leg is..."
"Ahhh... Damn, I'll cath up to you m'lord!", said the guard as he waved to the lord. The three then left the lone guard as they run to the forest. The lone guard helped Jock lift the fallen tree. "You just have to get yourself trapped in the most crucial moment don't you Brother?"
-I dont understand him either, he used to hate us-
As they were lifting the log 4 Anrim soldiers emerged
"Gods help us", said Jock's uncle. "Stay there boy".
Jock's uncle dropped the log and attacked the soldiers. As they were fighting Jock's uncle stabbed a soldier on the neck, karma then hit him for another soldier struck him from behind which beheaded him.
"Roland!! Noooooo!!!!!", cried David.
Seeing blood for the first time Jock fell to his ass.
"Lael... Damn", said one of the soldiers. "You there rat! You have to pay for what that one did", he then pointed his sword at David.
Jock felt cold air behind him. He thought, is he just going to sit there not able to do anything as the only member of his family die? No, he wont. Jock then grapped his axe and ran on a berserk to the enemy. With his 12 year old body and fleeting speed, he easily reaped through the soldiers by hitting them by the knee. He won he killed them he lived.
"Son!"
Jock then heard the faint sound of an arrow being released from a bow. He turned back, and to his horror he saw his father's head is pierced by that arrow.
"No! F-Fatheeeeerrr!!", he turned back once more and he saw a bowman reloading. "Alie! enver nevarat!", shouted Jock and the branches of the trees moved, they wrapped themselves on the bowman crushing the poor soul. His eyes grew big then cried blood and eventually they popped off from his eyelids, the branches of the trees now dyed red stopped moving. Soldiers from Dastal then emerged and to their horror they saw 6 corpses and a boy shouting curses to one of them whilst holding an axe.
-Eventually I was soon declared as a village hero, My reputation grew, and so did My ego. I was sent then sent to Knight School to become a knight, I was supposed to become the guardian of the village. And, I,ve failed them.-
"It is alright my son"
"You aren't my mother, my mother is an elf and she still lives"
"I might not be your mother, but even so you cannot escape me. For I am Death!!"