I never thought I'd ever see one in my life.

Her beautiful light blue hair was piled onto her head in a sloppy bun that would take me hours to achieve. I even spotted some leaves and flowers hidden the blue waves. Her pale skin seemed to shimmer with every move fluid move she made as she neared us. I was unable to stop my self from staring at her white dress that bared more skin then hid it.

I would never be able to pull something off like that.

Her voice made my eyes snap up to her face.

"Bring her this way." She spoke her voice almost lyrical.

She lead us toward what appeared to be a glowing blue pond. Without hesitation she stepped inside the glowing waters and turned waiting for us.

The man who's name I would eventually learn quickly stepped into the water fully clothed and walked us to the center of the pond where I became fully submerged as he lowered me in. I gasped as the warm waters rushed against my skin leching away my pain.

I sighed as muscles I hadn't know that had been tense relaxed.

He slowly let go of me making me panic but Jade quickly took his spot her hands gently holding me up. Her eyes widen slightly when she touched me but then she was back to normal and closed her eyes.

She started to whisper in what I assumed was fae and my eyes closed as her magic swelled inside me. Healing me.

Her words and magic quickly swept me away and soon I was dreaming of fairys and forests.

***********

I woke up slowly a smile on face. I felt like I was sleeping on a giant cloud and what ever I was laying on I was gonna steal it. I rolled over with a sigh my face pressing into a pillow that smelled like heaven. It was vaguely familiar. I spent a couple minutes just trying to remember where the hell I'd smelt it before.

Then it hit me. Alpha.

I jerked up my heart racing. I was certainly not in my bedroom or the faes home. For one it freaking huge, much larger than a bedroom needed to be. The bed was large enough to hold maybe six Alphas and was covered in the softest black comforter I'd ever felt. A giant tv sat comfortably on the opposite wall and I quickly noticed the large leather couches that sat in front of it.
I was slightly disappointed to see no one else was in the room with me.

My eyes drifted to the windows that had light pouring in. Slowly I climbed out of the bed and walked over to the window my feet chilled by the cold hardwood floor. As I recognized the familiar backyard I was positive who's room I was in.

I turned just as the door swung open revealing the Alpha. He was dressed in his typical business suit and I wasn't surprised to see a phone against his ear. He froze when he looked at the bed and quickly hung up the phone. He scanned the room and when his eyes landed on me his entire body relaxed.

He crossed the distance between us at an unnatural speed and grasped my face. I gasped as sparks spread across my skin and closed my eyes as I soaked in the feeling. His hands moved from my face down to my arms then under my shirts where he skimed my stomach and sides. The most pleasurable pat down ever.

"How do you feel." He asked when he was done.

"Kind of groggy but otherwise okay. " I shifted awkwardly under his gaze trying to find my anger at his past absence.

"Good. Come with me. "

He spun around and marched out not waiting for me.

"Wait!" I yelled running after him.

My feet slapped loudly against the floor as I raced after him, goddess he was fast. I caught up with him at the top of the staircase his annoyance clear on his face.

"What about Wyatt? Is he okay?" I asked trying not to sound as worried as I felt.

Alpha's face scrunched up and I was sure he was gonna ignore me. "He's sleeping downstairs. He's fine, Jade took care of his wounds. I'm assigning him to border patrol for failing to protect you."

My mouth dropped. He was punishing Wyatt?

"No you can't do that! He did protect me and I won't let you punish him." I snapped finding my old anger quickly.

Alpha raised his eye brow at me astonished. "You won't let me?" He spoke the words slowly as if I it never crossed his mind I'd go against him.

"No I won't. I won't take any guard but Wyatt. He's been nice to have around." Sure Wyatt never spoke to me or even acknowledged me half the time but sometimes he would bring me fruit smoothie in the morning or lunch if I forgotten to eat that day. He even cracked a smile one time when I made a joke. I considered him something of a friend even if he scared the crap out of me half the time.

Alpha's jaw clenched and I was sure he was going to say something mean but he just spun and headed down the stairs. I followed him but was determined to have Wyatt as my guard.

He lead me through the house and into the most beautiful kitchen ever where food was already placed on the island. My mouth watered at the sight of waffles and strawberries. I suddenly really wanted some strawberries.

Without waiting for him to offer me any I quickly sat down and dug in.

I almost moaned as the strawberries touched my tongue.

"I want you to tell me what happen. Wyatt has already briefed me but I want to hear it from you."

I chewed on another strawberry before quickly retelling him what happened leaving out the wall of ice. He didn't need to know about that.

"Did they say anything to you?"

"No. Just tried to kill me."

His jaw clenched again and pulled out his phone. "I'm putting you on lock down until we've secured our borders. I'm having Jade put up better wards. You'll have two guards with you at all times once that's done.

I have to go meet Jade to make sure the wards are done right. I'll be back later tonight.

"Wait you're leaving again?" I asked feeling my heart sink.

He paused and looked over my face.

"You're upset. Why?"

My jaw dropped. I searched inside myself for the mate bond that was still new and fragile. Yeah it was still real, still there.

"You're suppose to be mate! You're suppose to want to be with me all the time and I've only been with you for like 3 hours since we found out! Now you're leaving me again!"

I grabbed my plate and marched toward the doorway.

"You're the worst mate ever!" I hissed just as I left the room.

I ran up stairs and back to the bedroom. After finding the remote I crawled back onto the comfy bad before digging back into my breakfast. Tears pressed at my eyes but I forced them back. He didn't deserve my tears.

I had just found a movie I wanted when he walked in his face blank. Of course my words would have no effect on him.

"What forget something?" I snapped. Where all this courage and sass had come from I didn't know but I didn't deserve to be treated like this.

Alpha cleared his throat and nodded while he straightened his tie.

"Yes I was going to tell you before you had your little tantrum that you're pregnant so don't do anything stupid to hurt my child.

Then he was gone.

I threw my plate at the door and was barely satisfied when it shattered on impact.

Worst mate ever.