III. Catharine

Harry could barely concentrate. His mind was racing; forehead perspiring and cock throbbing. His hands were preoccupied with stroking the hair of the girl kissing her way down his body - her lips sponging soft and purposeful kisses in strategic places on his front.

The bed sheets had been long discarded to the bedroom floor, no clothes adorning either as they lay scattered around the room from earlier than even the sheets. There was no other sound in the room, just the two of them shifting against Harry's large bed over hums and wet kisses.

He couldn't remember much of the evening up to this point, far too wrapped up in the idea of her. He couldn't remember how they'd got to the bedroom of his home, he couldn't remember how they even found one another, and he simply didn't care.

"Fuck, angel," Harry groaned from deep within his chest as her hand wrapped around his length, "really know how to work me up, eh?"

A knowing hum fell from her lips against his skin, a giggle of familiar laughter meeting him in return. "Can only try my best."

Harry's stomach flipped at the sound of Evie's voice, his eyes dropping to where she lay between his legs, already peering up at him with her beautiful smile.

"You don't need to try pet, y'do it so easy." He assured her, gently caressing her cheek with the back of his fingers.

"Makes no difference anyway." She murmured, shimmying just a bit further down the bed to press another wet kiss to the top of his thigh.

Harry's brow furrowed as he studied her. "What do you mean?"

She giggled again, a slightly different sound to the one she'd made moments before. She sounded teasing; cruel almost. "It's not real, obviously."

His confusion deepened, as did his frown. "What's not real?"

"This, silly!"

Harry's heart leaped into his throat as he jolted upright in bed, holding his hand to his hammering chest. He glanced around himself, panting as he realised that Evie definitely wasn't there, and that he wasn't in his own bed in his own house, rather in the similarly comfortable bed of his hotel room.

He groaned out in frustration, falling backwards again with his arm over his eyes. "Fuck!"

What a cruel dream.

~

Evangeline was annoyed. As she stood against her kitchen counter with her arms folded across her chest and waited for her kettle to boil, she internally berated herself over and over again for getting so ahead of herself.

What a stupid fucking dream. She'd spent a matter of hours in Harry's company and she was already dreaming about him?! And not innocently, either! No, she was dreaming about the way his lips might feel against her, and the way he'd feel pressed against her in bed together, how he'd feel with his dick inside her. God, she was so foolish!

The kettle clicked, and she blindly picked it up off the cradle and poured it into her mug, somehow without any collateral against the counter or on her bare feet. Her little dream about Harry was the least of her worries today, regardless. Because today, Theo would return to work after his holiday.

He'd only been back in the country for probably about twelve hours and he was already onto her again for dinner. She'd ignored him, unwilling to entertain him even the slightest. Of course she didn't want to go for dinner with him. Four individual texts begging her for a date, promising he'd do anything to make it work; anything to make her happy. Funnily enough, she wasn't buying it.

Evie wasn't particularly nervous about seeing Theo again. They'd worked together for a long time - she was amicable with him and knew how to be professional, but it still didn't necessarily make it any more comfortable. He was a charmer - he knew his way around people, how to work them and how to keep them happy. He'd charmed her - that's what had drawn her in. Because even though she wasn't necessarily outgoing, he'd filled her with an ease that had her falling for him pretty quickly.