✧ Chapter Five ✧

En başından başla

"Dazai-san, how about you and Chuuya-san go do something outside and let me and Akutagawa handle everything?" The boy suddenly piped up, Dazai averted his gaze towards his co-worker, only just now realising how irritating it must be for Atsushi and Akutagawa to hear him and Chuuya bickering on and on.

The brunet then turned his attention to Chuuya who had already paused what he was doing, looking at Dazai for some sort of answer. He wore his infamous yet characteristic frown, almost as if he was telling Dazai that this was his call to make (much like it always was). The taller detective let out a deep and heavy sigh, feeling extremely grateful towards Atsushi yet again, he really did have to treat him to a good meal soon.
"That's a good idea Atsushi-kun! Come on pipsqeak let's go!" Dazai spoke as if he was calling his dog to which Chuuya grumbled something under his breath about how insufferable the younger was, but nonetheless, he obediently trailed behind him.

"Oh and make sure to use protection if anything happens~" Dazai sing-sang as he walked down the corridor next to Chuuya. His sentence was quickly followed with a few screeches of pain, undoubtedly coming from the smaller mafioso hitting him
'Ow! Ow! I meant in case they get attacked!!"
"Like hell you did! You dickhead!"

Akutagawa sighed as he closed the door, leaning against it, looking at the weretiger exhaustedly, red-faced and embarrassed, causing the latter to let out a relieved laugh, they looked at each other with a small smile, finally some peace and quiet.

"Petite mafioso?" Dazai questioned as they walked down that hotel stairs, (because Chuuya didn't want to get the elevator). The other grunted in response, he really couldn't tell if he loved that nickname or hated it. He was calling him small but the fact Dazai was actually speaking just a tad bit of French, made Chuuya like it. If only he could just have normal feelings for Dazai.

"How about we go-" And then as if he was cursed, his phone rang, the brunet took his phone out his pocket, only to see it was Kunikida, he answered it, preparing to be lectured
"Yea-"
"Dazai we've pinpointed a location of our targets, I'll send you the location" Kunikida spoke, not giving the brunet time to process anything, he seemed just a tad bit excited considering he wasn't even the one doing anything.
"Make sure to take Chuuya and see if he can find any information on the stock from the black market he's looking for."
"Alright, thank you." The phone call ended causing Chuuya and Dazai to glance at each other,
"Well never mind..." Dazai muttered bitterly, his shoulders slumping. Chuuya tried his best to suppress a laugh.
"Don't laugh at me! I was trying to be nice!"
"I'm- I'm not laughing...see? My expression is completely straight."
"You're a terrible liar."
"Oh shut it."

They walked casually towards the car, not in any particular rush to move into some action, considering it was them. Dazai yawned as they stationed themselves in, and then typed the areas into the sat nav. They then drove to where Kunikida had told them to go.

Once they reached the destination , they parked a little wag away from the building, then got out of the car and walked side by side, being careful to remain hidden at the same time.

When they came face to face with the building they were pleasantly surprised to not find it in as much disarray as they had thought it would be. It was mostly intact, the roof fence was also mostly there apart from one small area at the front of the building where it had completely broken off and fallen onto the grass a few meters from where they were standing. There were very few holes in the walls too and they were all boarded up or covered with blankets or some form of insulation, all the doors were working and none of them were smashed or broken, Dazai had to admit this building looked a lot better than the giant mansion that was left to rot on the outskirts of Yokohama.