Day 23: Bank Atlantic Center (Florida) - Concert & A Dirty Little Secret

Começar do início

"You're beautiful, even in short hair." I complimented as I walked up to her. She smiled back. I placed my hands on her shoulders and kissed her forehead to show her that I cared. 

"Thanks Zayn." She whispered. I leaned in and gave her a quick kiss on the lips and smiled, before making my way into the bathroom to get cleaned up.

Cole's POV

Once I heard the water running in the bathroom, I hurried to get dressed. I didn't want to take the chance that Zayn could catch me getting dressed and seeing the ugly cut on my hip. I quickly applied some ointment and gauze to cover it, followed by the outfit I had decided to wear. I slipped on a black loose flowy singlet and white skinny jeans with my classic black converse. I finished my outfit with a few accessories and a maroon and khaki letterman jacket that ended mid-waist with the letters ZM on the chest part. I was definitely going to the concert as a Zayn fan. How couldn't I?

While Zayn was in the shower and I was applying a bit of light make-up on, there was a soft knock on the door. I looked at my refection, giving myself a curious look. I wonder who that could be. It could be anyone. As I walked to the door, right before I laid a hand on the door handle, my hand froze when the sudden thought occurred to me. What if it was Belle on the other side of this door? There was another knock and I jump in shock.

"Cole, Zayn, babes! It's me, Dani! Open up." I sighed in relief when I heard Danielle's voice. 

When I opened the door, I was greeted by an absolutely stunning Danielle. She straightened her hair, and her outfit was just perfect. It showed off her body nicely, yet it was fit for a concert. It was nothing too fancy.

"Wow, Dani! You look amazing!" I praised.

"And you look incredibly adorable!" Dani replied back, giving me a hug.

"Where's Zayn?" She casually asked.

"Taking a shower. So what brings you here?" I questioned.

"Just bored. Liam is with Harry. I got bored and decided to check out if any of the girls were free. El is still getting ready, and I came here before going to Niall's room. Glad your ready." Dani explained. I let out a laugh. 

I escorted her further into the room when I clumsily ran into the wooden drawer. I winced dramatically at the impact on my hip, for I just so happened to hit my cut. As much as I wanted to play it off that I was okay, I really wasn't. I was stupid enough to cut myself a little too deep. The sting and warmth hinted to me that I had reopened the wound. 

"Dammit." I cursed under my breath. I didn't want Dani to find out.

"Whoa, Cole! Are you alright?" Dani rushed over worried.

"Yeah. I'm fine. I'm so clumsy, it's embarrassing." I laughed, but it was obvious it was strained.

"Are you sure?" Dani questioned.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I tried to straighten myself up, but I failed to show no emotion is my face. 

"Cole, are you sure? Let me check. Come here." She ordered as she walked over to me.

"N-no! I'm fine really!" I panicked trying to push her away. Unable to stop her, she let out a gasp and the reddening gauze. 

"What the bloody hell, babe! What is this?!" She demanded to know. 

"I-I fell." I inwardly kicked myself for stuttering.

"Lies." She called me out without hesitation.

Danielle started to un-peel the gauze and I let her do it. If I struggled, it would only cause me more pain. The cold air hit my once covered skin when I heard a startled gasp. I shut my eyes tightly at the guilt overflowing me. How was I going to explain this?