Birdy

"I'm heading out!" Waving to the half-asleep Hu Tao, you smile as you step out into the streets of Liyue. The sky was cloudy today, but nonetheless, the air was clean and fresh from the calm sea. Despite the down weather, you cheerfully skipped towards Yuehai Pavillion for your tasks today. You had heard Ganyu speak about some visitors coming to Yuehai Pavillion the other day. Once you had gotten to the entrance, the blue-haired adpetibeast was already waiting for you.

"Ah, perfect timing, (Y/N). I assume you heard about the guests coming to Liyue today?"

"Well, good morning to you too, Ganyu." Shaking your head at her nervous form, you smiled lightly at her.

"Sorry, good morning. This is a huge task and I've just had too much to do. The visitors are here to discuss some trading matters with Lady Ningguang. They've informed me about a certain task they would like us to do. Naturally, Lady Ningguang would have refused the request, but these visitors would benefit us hugely if we successfully traded." This made Ganyu seem even more erratic than before. You were patting her on the shoulder and leading her to sit on the ledge in front of some glaze lilies.

"I see. Is there anything I can do to help with that task?" Looking at you with big, round eyes, Ganyu seemed as if she could melt.

"Really? You'd really help me with this?"

"Of course, unless you have something else for me today." You started to feel your palms sweat. What had you gotten yourself into now?

"Thank you! Thank you so much, (Y/N)! I'll treat you to dinner sometime!" Hugging you tightly, Ganyu's radiant laugh had come back. "Oh, it's about time the visitors have arrived at the docks. Come, I'll lead you to your important task." Confused, you followed the girl towards the docks. Waiting there, a family of four looked around as a few men were loading their luggage out of the ship they were on. It looked marvellous and out of place with the aesthetic of Liyue. They wore fancy clothes and looked much too rich for the people of Liyue Harbor. The two children were just adorable. The girl was wearing a cute, short dress, while the boy was wearing a matching suit like his father.

"Mister and Missus Ikonia, welcome to Liyue Harbor. Lady Ningguang is waiting for you." The two of you bowed deeply to the couple. Nodding their heads, the woman turned to you.

"I suppose you will be taking care of my young ones." Subtly, you slide your eyes towards Ganyu's smiling figure. Just a moment ago, she looked as if she would break at the slightest touch.

"Yes. This is (Y/N), a very trusted member of Yuehai Pavillion. She's just perfect for this job." The girl's smile hadn't wavered in the slightest while handing you this job. Silently, all you could do was smile and act as if you knew what you were doing.

"I see. I expect them to be back at the inn by evening. Please take them out for dinner as well. Here, some mora. This should be enough." The lady gingerly handed you a red leather pouch. The weight was equal to a rock the size of your fist.

"Yes, ma'am." Nodding at you, she turned to her children. "Riki, Regina, behave now- Riki, get that ridiculous thing off your sister's head! You will behave when we are not here." The mother was stern as she spoke with her children. They wordlessly nodded at her as they turned to peer at you. Gently, you smiled at them, but it was evident on their faces they were afraid to smile.

"Right then, shall I escort you to Lady Ningguang?" Leading the couple away, Ganyu smiled apathetically at you. Kids weren't that hard to take care of. With your smile, you turned back to the children and squatted to their level.

"Hi, I'm (Y/N). Do you mind telling me your names?" The boy simply stared at you blankly and looked away. Your lips thinned as neither child spoke.