Chapter 17: Choices +Important announcment

Start from the beginning

"And the others agreed to that?" I asked waiting for a negative response. I got up just to sit down again since I could yet control my body.

"Gally has everyone convinced that you are the reason all this has happened" Teresa answered looking down probably ashamed of the rest of the Gladers.

"Well...he was right so far" I said revealing the truth. Everyone looked at me confused.

"What are you talking about?" Asked Minho.

"This place" I paused trying to find the right words "is not what we thought it was. It is not a prison it's....a test." No one said anything. They just looked at me waiting to explain further and so I did. "It all started when we were kids. They gave us these challenges. They were experimenting on us. And then we started disappearing, every month one after the other..."

"They send them up into the maze" Newt said my thought out loud.

"Yeah but not...all of us" I said struggling to reveal the whole truth thinking they would hate us.

"What do you mean?" Newt asked when he saw I wasn't meaning to continue.

"Guys...I am one of them. The people who put you in here I...I worked with them" I made it clear to everyone. "I've been watching you for years, the entire time you've been here I-I was on the other side of it." I finished and looked at Teresa "And so were you" I said and he was about to cry.

"What" She asked not wanting to believe it.

"Teresa we did this to them" I said. She moved her head denying everything. It was obvious she didn't want to believe it.

"That can't be truth" She denied again knowing deep inside her that this wasn't the case.

"It is, I saw it" I tried to convince her.

"Then why would they send us up if we were with them?" She asked trying to find something, anything that would prove me wrong.

"It didn't matter" I answered one again her question.

"He is right." Newt joined in, in the conversation. "I doesn't matter, Any of it because the people we were before the maze, they don't even exist anymore. These creators made sure of that. What does matter is who we are now and what we do right now. You went into the maze and you found a way out" He said

"Yeah but if I had Alby would still be alive" I opposed to what he said. I knew I didn't deserve to be forgiven. All this pain and suffering I had caused it all.

"Shut up" Y/N ordered me. "Shut up I can't listen to you anymore." She repeated. "I'm tired of this, yes you messed up, you had no choice but you messed up. Instead of sitting here feeling bad of yourself do something about it! 'Oh I was one of them blah blah blah' literally no one cares who you were before what matters is who you choose to be now." She finally shared her thoughts with us. "I was one of them too" She said and everyone looked at her surprised. "I unfortunately don't remember even half of the information you provided us with but I know I was with them. And Thomas...you knew" She said drawing the attention back at me. She was right though. It's not like I knew it but I had this feeling that I knew her not like the one I had with Teresa but I did.

"My point is that no matter who you used to be you have changed Thomas and I think all of us here like the new you. I can't swear that none of us can blame you for what happened but I can assure you that none of us will see either of you differently" She finished and smiled at me.

"Now" Talked Newt "Take your ass up and finish what you started cause if we do nothing that means Alby's death was for nothing and I won't allow that." He threatened-motivated me.