Kanto: The Journey Starts

Start from the beginning

Since then, Ash had to go through therapy to get moving again and his mother had to work extra jobs to pay for his medical bills. The mystery object also left a very deep scar across Ash's chest that went from his left shoulder to his right side. But that didn't stop Ash from trying his best to get better and he even had visits from special therapy Pokemon that would help him brighten his mood.

Ash loved the visits from the therapy Pokemon that would visit his house, like Chansey, Wigglytuff, Arcanine and Eevee. If there's one thing that Ash loves the most, and would never judge, is Pokemon no matter what shape, size or type they are. Ever since the accident, Ash put off his journey for two years until he was well enough to travel. Ash also wondered what the mysterious object was that crashed into him and if he'll ever find out one day.

Just then, the alarm clock blared making Ash get up from his peaceful slumber. The boy looked at the clock to see what time it was and his eyes went wide when he saw that it was time to head the professor's lab. Getting up quickly and putting on his clothes and sneakers, Ash rushed down the stairs, ran past the kitchen table where his mother was setting up breakfast to grab a piece of toast so he could eat it on the way and he ran out the door.

Pretty soon, Ash spotted Professor Oak's lab up ahead and just as he was about to head through the doors, he bumped into someone that made him fall down. Wondering who or what it is was that he ran into, Ash looked up and saw the face of Gary looking down at him. Gary smirked and said, "Well well, if it isn't Ashy boy."

Ash stood up, brushed the dirt off his arms and shirt and said, "Hey there Gary. Getting your starter."

Gary took out a pokéball and tossed it up and down and said, "I already did. You want to see it."

Ash nodded and told him he would love to and when Gary presses the button, a blue light came out and from that small pokéball came a Squirtle that looked like a small blue turtle. Ash knelt down to the little Pokemon and said, "Nice to meet you Squirtle. I hope whatever Pokemon I get, we'll battle together."

Squirtle smiled and said, "Squirtle!"

However, in Ash's ears he heard, 'I look forward to battling you too!'

You see, the accident gave Ash a very unusual gift. A few weeks after he left the hospital, Ash began hearing the voices of the Pokemon around him. It was when he and his mother stepped outside the hospital that Ash looked up to the sky to see a flock of Pidgey flying above him and to his surprise he heard a few of the say, 'I'm hungry!', 'My wings are starting to hurt!' and 'Are we there yet?'

Now, Ash thought he was going crazy at first, but then he began hearing more voices from the Pokemon around him. When he went shopping with his mom one day, he saw a trainer with a Poliwag and that little Poliwag said, "Poliwag! Poliwag!"

But to Ash, he heard it say, 'Come on! Let's go! I'm sick of waiting around!'

Another time, Ash and his mom were having lunch at an outdoor cafe when an Officer Jenny came up to them with a Growlithe. The Growlithe came up to Ash, sniffed him and then looked at him with its big puppy eyes and said to him, "Growl."

But what Ash heard was, 'You smell like you've been through a lot, kid. I'm so sorry.'

And it wasn't just those times, throughout Ash's recovery, different Pokemon would come to his house to check up on him. Some mornings when he woke up, a Pokemon or two would be sleeping outside his house. Ash began to wonder curiously if the mystery object hitting him is the reason the Pokemon are coming around him and why he's hearing their voices.

At the lab, Ash got up after talking to Gary's Squirtle and he said to his rival, "I wish you luck Gary. Maybe we'll run into each other on the road."