t h i r t y s e v e n

Start from the beginning

He ended up telling her the whole story, everything Sungjoon had told him of course. Neither of them could believe the truth of their messed-up family, spending the last few minutes of their lunchtime- just to comprehend the striking news.

"So.. you're saying your father and mine are twins?"
"Mhm."
"Kang Sejoon and Kang Sungjoon- are twins??"
"Mmmmhm."
"Why did I not know about this?"
"Hm- Neither did I, but now you do thanks to me"

Saeron's sulky face made Donghyuck stick his tounge out, and the girl scoffed in return before a question appeared in her mind. "Does your mom know about this?" she inquired and Donghyuck shook his head.

"Nope, my dad didn't want her to know. It's too complicated," he said. Saeron nodded understandingly and the boy shrugged again, "She might in the future though."

The talk between the two went unexpectedly smooth, it was absent of the tantrum they usually throw at each other- yet neither could believe the shocking truth.

His father and hers? Twins? Hah! What a joke.

Or that's what she thought. Now that it dawned upon her, it all started to make sense- how they exactly look like each other, how their problems were correlated, everything's beginning to add up.

Just as Saeron was about to speak, the bell rang- indicating that their lunchtime has come to an end. Donghyuck pursed his lips as he turned around to see the other students rushing back to their class before brushing his fingers through his tangled hair.

"Okay, I'm gonna go, " he simply said and Saeron eyed him in confusion. "Where are you going?" she implored when the boy started walking towards the main gate. "Somewhere you will never know, " he stuck his tongue out, making her frown.

"Dude- you still got one more lesson to go, you know that right?" she sneered, half yelling as the boy was getting further away from her.
"Talk to my ass!" Donghyuck clamored before patting his own butt, not even sharing another glance at her, eyes fixated on the gate in front of him.

Saeron rolled her eyes, shaking her head and chuckling at his absurdity. "Of course he's skipping again. Tch, I pity Sungjoon for paying his fees, " she blurted under her breath before rushing her way back to class.

➶︎➶︎➶︎

"What did he say to you? You seem kinda off," Jisung eyed the girl from head to toe as they walked down the street, and Saeron pulled herself out of her daydream before sighing, eyes still on the road ahead of her. "Nothing, I'm just hungry," she lied.

It's not quite right to tell him about the family problem she'd just discover, not just yet at least. What he currently knows is enough for now. It's not that Saeron lost her trust in him, she just doesn't want to risk whatever if he knows, and still not ignoring the fact that her and Donghyuck are basically related, although it wasn't by blood.

Yes, Saeron was pretty sure Mira was involved- though she wasn't the one to judge, but it's Mira's right to tell her own son, not her.

Jisung sighed as the girl started to drift off to her daydream again, "Come on." He pulled her gently by the arm causing her to slightly stumble at the sudden force. "What- where?" she tried retracting herself but Jisung was stronger, "Somewhere, and I'm sure you'll like it."

They ended up in McDonald's.

Saeron gasped as she recalled it for being her childhood's favorite food. The girl jumped like a little kid, clapping her hands as her eyes gleamed in excitement and Jisung chuckled at her reaction.

"Yo- where'd you even get the chance to know my type of food?" Saeron let out in disbelief, her eyes not leaving the big yellow 'M' that was way past her height. "Hm, having luck is a gift, you know?" the boy shrugged before leaning his head a bit closer beside her head, "Or is it.. telepathy?"

His remark made her laugh, "We got the same braincell so- I won't even complain." Her statement made him gasp.
"Did you just call me stupid?" Jisung held his chest as if he was offended and Saeron scoffed then punched his arm, "Just to remind- that you would've failed math class if I didn't teach you."

"Again I didn't ask for it"
"Bitch show me some respect!"
"Respect my ass."
"That's it. I'm not gonna stand here with you."

With that, Saeron stormed towards the entrance of her favorite fast food place, leaving Jisung alone. "Hey wait up!" he exclaimed before jogging to catch up with her pace.

"I'm gonna treat you a cheeseburger," Jisung whispered, loud and clear enough for her to hear amongst the crowded place and it immediately caught her attention as she abruptly halted on her steps- face glistening with excitement.

"Are you serio- that's my favorite menu!" she exclaimed and Jisung assuringly nodded his head before urging her to find a table for them to eat. He stood in the line, eventually getting his chance to place his orders before walking back to the seat with a tray in his hands.

Saeron looked up from her phone before placing it on her table, clapping rapidly at the sight of her food. "Oh my gosh- give me!" she held her hand out for her burger that Jisung gladly lent her. They began to eat as the girl constantly stole his fries that he hid so that she could stop. Didn't work though.

The two were having a great time, talking about school and all before a notification popped on Saeron's phone screen, that was facing up. She took a glance in reflex, and what showed made her frown, causing the laughter to die down. Jisung noticed her change of expression and chose to question it, "What's up?"

Her eyes were still fixated on the screen but she heard him ask. "Donghyuck just texted," she simply said, yet it was enough to make Jisung frown as well. "Why?" he asked- his possesive self  starting to show as he tried to grab her phone to tell Donghyuck to piss off.

Saeron held him back, stopping his hands from doing further. "It's alright Ji, it's probably not that important. Besides, he hasn't been bothering me that much lately," the girl comforted so he could ease up a little at the thought. It seemed to work as Jisung retracted his hands back before continuing to eat his burger, sighing as he did so.

"Just tell me if he starts acting like an asshole, okay?" he said and Saeron nodded with a smile before glimpsing at her phone screen that still showed his notification.

asshyuck
this might sound random but
my dad wants to see you

i cant believe this book has reached 6k readers like-im glad yall enjoyed this book😭❤️

im glad yall enjoyed this book😭❤️