Chapter 26 - Confrontation

Bắt đầu từ đầu

                “No, no, no.” She shook her head, faking a smile. “It’s okay. It’s no big deal. We’re not together anymore so... she’s allowed to, uh, do whatever the hell she wants. It’s not a problem.”

                Looking at Taylor, Ruby knew damn well that Taylor wasn’t saying the truth.

-o-o-o-

                Laura had been looking for Taylor all over the place but she couldn’t find her. When she saw Natasha, hanging out with Yael, she figured maybe they knew where she was. “Hey, guys. Have you seen Taylor?”

                “What, miss her already, Prepon?” asked Natasha with a smirk plastered on her face. Ever since her two friends went back to being their normal selves as friends, she grabbed every chance possible to tease them about it, and to try to make them realize they should just get back together.

                Laura chuckled. “No, I was just looking for her because I need to ask her about something.”

                “You can ask me,” Tasha suggested.

                “It’s about Mercy. Have you been part of that show?”

                “Yeah, yeah, whatever you say, Prepon,” she smiled, shaking her head. Her ‘Operation Get Taylor and Laura back Together’ wasn’t working out well so far. “She’s at the bar, I guess. Ruby was just there with her a while ago.”

                “Ruby Rose?” Laura raised an eyebrow.

                This got another smirk from Natasha. “Yeah. Why? Jealous, are we?”

                “Jealous?? Of course not!” Laura decided it was the best time to walk away from them now or else, Tasha’s gonna have a great time with her. She walked towards the bar and saw Taylor downing her drink in one swig. “Hey!” Taylor just looked at her for a split second before gazing away again. This somehow confused Laura but chose to ignore it anyway. “Can I ask you something??” she asked, with a smile.

                But Taylor did not return her smile. “I’m sorry. I’m kind of busy.”

                Laura noticed Taylor’s coldness towards her, something she’s never showed her in weeks now. “Busy drinking?” Taylor just glared at her. “I’m sorry. Is everything okay?”

                “Yeah. I’m just really busy. Can we just do this next time?” Taylor said without even looking at Laura.

                “Well, I’m just gonna ask one question. It has something to do with this job that I got.” Taylor wasn’t still looking at her. “But seeing as this is not a good time, I’m just gonna go take off.” She started turning her back on her when Taylor spoke.

                “You can call your boyfriend and maybe ask him if you want.” Taylor knew it was such a pathetic shot but she took it anyway. She was beyond pissed knowing Laura had started going out with other people.

                This made Laura stop. “I’m sorry, what? What are you talking about, I don’t have a boyfriend.” Laura knew she wasn’t lying but she wasn’t being truthful, too. She had gone out with a number of guys and she hadn’t told Taylor about this yet. She didn’t know if she should have, but with the turn of events now, she figured she should’ve told her when they started being okay again.

                “But you did?” This time, Taylor looked at Laura and waited for and answer but Laura was quiet. “Look me in the eye and tell me you didn’t.”