Chapter 8

"LAUREN THE HOUSE BETTER BE ON FIRE OR I SWEAR!" Camila says walking though the door struggling to hold her bags.

"I don't smell fire laurenza, jesus I want a banana.." Camila says and Lauren appears in front of her before she is able to walk into the living room.

Camila bumps into her fiancé and begins to curse under her breath.

"Lauren don't fucking scare me like that." Camila says and looks up at the green eyed girl.

"Hi to you too mi amor. (my love)" Lauren says and pecks her lips.

"Hey." Camila smiles.

"So what's going on?" Camila says putting her hands on her hip.

"She's here." Lauren says and Camila drops her hands and her whole expression changes.

"Are you joking?" Camila says as her eyes begin to tear up.

"Babe don't cry ok. She's healthy and she's beautiful." Lauren says and Camila smiles through her tears.

She gives Lauren a gentle nod before they make their way into the living room. Laying there on the couch, Emily and Sofia are asleep. Emily cuddled to Sofia as the oldest has her arms wrapped her arms around her.

"Oh Lauren." Camila gasps at the sight and her smile grows bigger.

Lauren wraps her arms around Camila's waist from behind.

"Lauren it's her! She's alive. Shes here!" Camila whispers excitedly.

"Lauren it's my sister!" Camila says a little too loud this time and Sofia's eyes flutter open.

Both girls lock eyes and all the memories come crashing back into their minds.

"Kaki..." Sofia whispers without even noticing and Camila starts sobbing from happiness and opens her arms wide.

Sofia manages to get away from Emily easily and ran into her sisters arms.

"Oh Sofi.." Camila says crying a little harder.

5 years. Years of their lives that they were torn away from each other. Years of wondering and pain. Camila couldn't even make out a sound but just that of her cries. Sofia held onto her older sister for dear life never wanting to let go.

It was all so surreal. It was all magical.

--

"So Sofi, any boyfriends?" Lauren asks and raises her eyebrows eliciting a laugh from the 12 year old.

She shakes her head. Camila is quiet but only because she's still a bit shaken up at the fact that her sister is not really dead and sitting only a few inches away from her.

"Girlfriend?" Lauren pushes and Sofi laughs a little harder.

"No Lauren!" Sofi says and looks at Camila who smiles.

"But I see you guys are finally together." Sofi says and Lauren tightens her grip on Camila's hand and smiles.

"Yes we are, after years of you bugging us." Lauren says.

"I always knew, you guys made it so obvious you liked each other." Sofi says with a smile.

"No you didn't Sofi, you just wanted an excuse to embarrass me. You were an evil little girl." Camila says making the girls laugh.

They stop when they hear footsteps coming towards them. They all looked in the direction of Emily's room while she walked towards them.

"Hey baby." Camila says and Emily sits in her lap burying her face in the girls neck.

"Why are you trying to keep Sofi to yourselves?" Emily asks sleepily making Camila laugh.

"we're not silly." Lauren says.

"Then what are you doing." Emily says sitting correctly.

"Well.." Lauren tries to speak but Camila interrupts.

"Ems there is something we need to talk about." Camila says.

"Mommy I swear it wasn't me. I didn't eat the ice cream!" Emily says desperately as Camila watched her.

"It was all mommy she made me do it. The cookies too it was all her!" Emily says pointing at Lauren while the green eyed girl gasps.

"Stop ratting me out you little brat." Lauren says playfully and Camila turns to her and smacks her on the arm.

"Lauren I told you not to give her cookies... You know what forget it. Thats not what I wanted to talk to you about." Camila turns back to Emily.

"It's about Sofi." Lauren says and the little girl listens attentively.

"Sofi is my sister. We happened to be separated years ago and I had no clue were she was. I though she had gone to heaven.." Camila slowly swallows the lump in her throat as the little girl watches her with adoration.

"Sofi is our family, like an older sister to you almost.. do you understand?" Camila says and Emily smiles.

"Yes mommy." She says and hugs the older girl.

--

"Lauren she can't go back to sleep in the school that's not right. They don't know where she is. Oh my god, what if they think we kidnapped her or something, Lauren I can't...." Camila speaks as she paces the floor of her and Lauren's bedroom while the girls play in Emily's room.

"Camz, relax. We'll fix this okay? I'll go back to the school and sort this all out okay?" Lauren tries to calm her soon to be wife down.

"Please get them to let her live with me. I can't lose her again. Not again." Camila says as she sits on the bed and takes deep breathes.

"I won't let her go anywhere. She's staying in our lives whether they like it or not." Lauren says and sits by Camila.

The green eyed beauty stands in front of Camila and cups her face with her hands making the brown eyed Latina look at her.

"I love you." Lauren says and Camila wraps her arms around Lauren's torso. Lauren softly planting a gentle kiss on the girls head.

"I love you too." Camila says into Lauren's chest.

Scattered in Pieces (camren) On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara