03 -𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊

• • • • • • • • • ~ ʚĭɞ ~ • • • • • • • • •

"I don't know what you're so upset about. He was sentenced to death" Jane whispered, eyes staring straight ahead. Eve scoffed. Her hands felt clammy and dirty. Carlisle stood next to her, facing the ground.

Aro smiled, a sinister look over his face. "Justice has been served." He announces. A satisfied huff left his dead chest as he turned around. "Thank you, Eve. You would be of better use if you joined us for good. It's a shame that you don't use your gift to its full power, it's mesmerizing how easily you suck the life out of them" he chuckles.

Tears prick at the corner of her eyes. Eve never wanted this, to be a killer, a weapon to the Volturi. The thing is, she sees them dying. Not just outside, the way they become a shell of themselves, no, she sees them deep inside. The way they stumble into death, unknowing of how to escape this death trap. How they cower in loneliness and despair as the thing they are most afraid of destroys them.

"A pity, really" Marcus mumbled as they walked back to their seats. Eve sucked a breath in, the heavy feeling in her chest threatening to spill over. She rushed out of the great hall, out into the corridor. Jane following her suit after Aro nodded towards the angry Vampire. "Stop this instant!" She said loudly. Eve stopped, the anger in Janes voice making her halt. "You have absolute no right to be this upset, instead you should be honored to have been of use to the Volturi" she spoke with her chin held high. Eve turned around, fury overcame her. "I should be honored?" She yelled.

"You think you're so great, so magnificent. You all think that you hold so much power but let me tell you, if I decide to end your miserable little undead life right now by killing you from the inside out, you won't withstand. You'll cripple down dead just like that man did" she yelled again, tears leaving her eyes.

"I never wanted this, to act as god. To take this mans life wasn't my decision to make" she spoke while gritting her teeth. Jane chuckled in response, labeling her outburst as funny.

"That's why Aro tells you what to do. All you have to do is put your gift to action and keep your mouth shut" she spoke in a calm manner.
Eve couldn't believe it, how utterly cold she was.

Just as she walked back through the big wooden doors she spoke once more "And Eve, remember, just because you're the oldest doesn't mean you're superior to me. I can end your life as easily as you could end mine" and she was gone.

Eve blinked, this was madness.

⌞ •°•❀•°• ⌟

"What do you mean by the demon" Bella asked, ripping Eve out of her thoughts. She focused her eyes on the human for minute before finding her voice again.

"Aro made it a thing. When he caught wind that I despised my gift, he started to tell people how horrific my powers were. He isolated me in hopes of getting me to join the Volturi" She grumbled.

-
The moment she opened the doors to the small pub the voices quieted down. The place was unknown to humans, only vampires would come and try to have a good time. The whispering started as soon as she sat down. "What can I bring you, Miss Winter?" The bartender almost whispered.

His voice did echo in the quiet room. "A cosmo, please." He nodded his head and cowered away. He really did it, he told each and every vampire he knew about her gift to make them fear her.

"Thank you" Eve smiled at the bartender after he placed her drink in front of her. He turned away as fast he faced her. She sighed as the talking got a tad bit louder.

She hated Aro.

•°••°•

"I had a big fight with Aro after that, almost killed this asshole. He doesn't leave me alone though. He's one stubborn jerk." Eve sighed. Edward chuckled next to her. "He's taken quite a big liking to Alice as well. It's not going to take long for him to try things with her as well" she nodded. Having someone in his team who is able to foresee the future would be magnificent for him, no doubt.

"I've been dealing with him for over a thousand years, I'm fine" she chuckled. "So what is your gift?" Alice smiles, unaware of anything.

"Well, I make people see their worst fear" Eve sighs. It's hard to grasp, she knows. Jake chuckled, not believing how absolutely terrible this actually is. "It sounds funny to you but it really isn't. I'm not talking about a fear of spiders or the dark, nothing this trivial. I'm talking the biggest fear, locked deep within your mind." Jake's stance changes. He seems uncomfortable.

"It comes out, traumatizes you and makes you want to die. You can't run away, you can't hide. It's just you, your biggest fear and me inside of your head. If someone is affected long enough they die inside. Their mind dissolves and the shell of a person they once were is left. A body without a mind, without a personality." She whispered the last part. Eve had to witness it so many times.

"Wow, god. One way to kill the mood" Emmett mumbled as he sat down. Eve chuckled. "I make it sound a little dramatic, don't take me too serious"

"I have one more question." Bella raised her arm slightly. Eve nodded in response. "You're not really breathing are you?" Her eyebrows furrowed as the question hit her. A smile crept on her face, she couldn't help but laugh. "No, I'm not. It's just easier to do it all the time then having to remember to not forget it when I'm within humans" she laughed once again. "I see" Bella smiled back.

⌞ •°•❀•°• ⌟

"Why are you pretending to sleep when you can't?" A boyish voice ripped her out of thoughts. Why was Jacob Black trying to talk to her?

"I know, makes me see less of you though" she chuckled at her own joke. Jake sat next to her. "I can't imagine living this long" he whispered. He irritated her, aren't werewolves and vampires supposed to be enemies?

Eve opened her eyes and sat up. "Are you initiating a conversation?" Jake's head snapped to hers, eyes wide. "Umh-I-" he couldn't answer, god knows why.
"Pretending to be human makes me feel better." She looked away, not meeting his eyes. "I see"

So they sat there. In silence. It felt alright, someone not pestering her with questions felt nice.
In distance a how could be heard. Jake's head snapped up at the sound. "I have to go, see you" he mumbled as he sprinted away.

⌞ •°•❀•°• ⌟

"Please, just kill me" Eve mumbled as she kneeled in front of the Volturi. Aro looked at her, a sympathetic look on his face. Caïus had a small smile on his lips, enjoying the situation. Marcus seemed unimpressed.

"Dear, we can't do that" he chuckled as he walked towards the broken woman. Eve felt the way she looked, broken, hurt and absolute dead.
"You're so precious to us, there's no way we could get rid of such a marvelous gift" he whispers as he takes her hands in his.

"Bella Mia, just imagine what great cause you could fulfill here, with us" he smiled. She didn't like that smile. He looked like he won.

"You took the only thing that made me want to be alive. The only thing that I ever loved and you dare to ask me to join you? I'd rather die than join you" she wringed under tears.

"We can tell" Caïus snickered. She stared at him with anger. "If you dare to show yourself in front of me ever again, Aro. I'll make sure to kill you, to torture you like you did him." Eve ripped her hands out his is.

"I'll murder you"

• • • • • • • • • ~ ʚĭɞ ~ • • • • • • • • •

A/N: hi! This has a tad bit of Eve's backstory but her whole turning and stuff will be revealed later. I hope u enjoyed this part! Make sure to VOTE!! :)