01 - 𝖔𝖓𝖊

• • • • • • • • • ~ ʚĭɞ ~ • • • • • • • • •

edited

Dear Eve,

We would like to ask you to join us in the Volturi. We could make great use of you, your experience and your gift.

With kind regards,

Aro of the Volturi.

She ripped the paper apart, not wanting to see anymore of it. Aro contacted her every hundred years in hopes of recruting her. He liked her, not because she was nice or such a lovable person but because of her powers and her unusual long lifespan. She's been around way longer than Aro or any Vampire in particular.

Her feet took her to her kitchen, the cup of hot red liquor sitting on top of the white kitchen counter. Drinking human blood has been her go to for since she had turned. Some like to live off of animal blood, like Carlisle did, which she couldn't quite understand.

Her phone ripped her out of her thoughts. "Yes?" The line was silent for a few seconds "Eve?" She could hear, she knew who's voice that was. "Carlisle?" She whispered back. "Eve, good. I thought I had the wrong number for a second. Look, we need your help." Her eyebrows furrowed. "You know I don't do stuff like that anymore." She answered, almost cursing at him. It took a lot in her not to.

"Ah, no. That's not what- I left the Volturi a long time ago, Eve. My Son, Edward, could explain the situation better than I can. Please just come by" he sounded desperate. "Your son?" She was beyond confused. Why would Carlisle have a son?

"It's complicated, please come by. Thank you" she sighed and massaged the bridge of her nose. „I'll see what I can do"

⌞ •°•❀•°• ⌟

So she did, she arrived in Forks the day after. The gloomy weather was a big plus, she didn't need to hide away much.
She knew the way to their home, the big house was hard to miss.

Just as she crossed the street she could smell it. The wolves. They were still around, the good old she supposed. The amount of green around calmed her, made her forget, forget about every painful detail her life carried.

"Eve" Carlisle snapped her out of her thoughts. Her head snapped to the man up the driveway. He still looked the same, stressed, but the same. "Carlisle" he walked towards Eve, not to close though. She wasn't a big hugger, nor a fan of physical touch.

"It's been a while, thank you for coming by." he smiled and she mirrored him in an awkward manner. Before she was able to open the door he cleared his throat, making her stop. "We have some other guests inside. They pose no threat, they are here to help" her face fell, she didn't like wolves a whole lot.

"It's gonna be alright, no problem" he nodded and led her into the house. She could hear the murmuring stop as soon as she walked up the stairs. "There's another-"Yeah i smell it too-"That's who we talked about" There in the living room she could see them, a bunch of vampires together with werewolves, astonishing. A picture she has never seen.

"Eve! It's so nice to finally meet you, I saw you coming" a agile short haired girl jumped in front of  Eve, startling her. "I'm Alice" she added right after.
She seemed cute, a nice aura surrounding her.

"Hi, I'm Esme, Carlisle's wife. Thank you for coming to hear us out" a woman with a motherly aura greeted her. She grasped her hands in hers and smiled at her. Eve only hummed at her.

"What's the matter now?" a tall man with brushed out hair raised his arm. She could smell the human, the way her blood pulsated in her veins.

Edward cleared his throat "There is a new born army coming to kill us all." Eve's eyebrows shot up. "They're led by Victoria, you might know her." he sighed and put his arm around the human.

"That's what she wants revenge for. She wants to kill Bella" ah, she had heard about it. There's been a commotion in Seattle.

"I never really liked Victoria, she's a selfish bitch, but why do you need me? You have a whole pack of wolves behind you." He chuckled. "That's right, but the experience of an over 4.000 year old vampire can't hurt. You fought wars, killed both vampires and werewolves. You are the ultimate prime example of what a strong fighter is. Your power is something we could make use of."

He paused. „Carlisle told me about your gift, we need that. We need you"

A smile made its way onto her face. They thought this highly of her? The shocked faces of the people around her didn't go unnoticed either. "They are coming in four days" Alice spoke up, making her move closer to Eve. Her smile dropped as fast as it came as she thought about it.

Her head once again filled itself with bad thoughts, with memories. With bad memories, memories she was desperate to forget.

"I'm flattered that you consider me a big fighter and that you would like to have me in this little war of yours but I don't think I can participate" Eve stammered. Every time she fought, she joined others, she walked out alone. Having people by your side is worse than being alone, she has seen it, seen enough of it.

"Eve, please. What could be more important than getting this problem out of the way?" Carlisle stepped forward, making her flinch slightly. He knew about the demons she fought. The thoughts that haunted her. "Aro invited me-"You're kidding. You despise the Volturi" his eyebrows were furrowed, out of anger or even out of disbelief, she wasn't sure.

"Listen, go outside. Take a walk and think it through. I know how much you hate fighting, but we really need your help." Eve stood up "If you know how much I hate fighting, why would you order me here. For a single human, you want me to risk my life? I've survived so long, why would I get myself killed now?" She grew louder. The anger came back, of the years she was alone. The pain and the heavy feeling in her chest made it unable for her to focus. For her to grasp one rational thought.

"You lived this long, Eve. You didn't survive, you lived" he tried to calm her. She sighed and walked past him. "Whatever" she whispered.

Her feet took her outside, the driveway was big. The green outside, once more, calmed her. Carlisle knew what she had to go through. You don't survive for such a long time without losing yourself at least once. She felt wronged, why would he throw her into the spiral of death and despair once more?

"You seem uneasy" a soft voice startled her. Her head snapped around. A man with light blond locks stood about nine feet away from her. His hands laid crossed behind his back and his face seemed uneasy himself. He was gorgeous though, she hadn't seen such a handsome man in a long time.

"And you are?" he chuckled as he stepped closer. He seemed well mannered. "Jasper Hale, ma'am. And you?" Eve smiled slightly, the heavy feeling in her heart left as she looked at the man ahead of her. "Eve Winter, sir" she whispered with a smile. His soft features lit up as she grabbed her non existent skirt and bowed to him like the women back in the day did. "We'll surely get along, Miss Winter"

He made her feel at ease, was it his gift? Eve didn't care, she liked the light feeling he gave her.

• • • • • • • • • ~ ʚĭɞ ~ • • • • • • • • •

A/N: hi there! This is my first story and I hope you kind of enjoy it. It will have a lot of dark elements like death, suicide and over all depressing themes. Thank u for ur support :)