A searing burst of light

Start from the beginning

The queen saw red
Not because she cared for Yulia.absolutely not.

But because Yulia was a sort of apprentice,not to the throne or anything,but she had been trained to wear the finest silks and live in the life of luxury.
The queen had spent her time training Yulia to be a perfect lady's maid and when they found out Yulia was a grisha the queen took advantage of that getting teachers from the little place to train her into becoming powerful
And eventually she also became the queens personal tailor.

"ABSOLUTELY NOT.WE NEED HER IN THE CASTLE SHE IS A VALUABLE ASSET IF SHE DIES IN THE FOLD THEN SHE'LL BE NO GOOD"

After a lot of fighting the queen agreed for Yulia to go for a month and no more
So Yulia packed her bags and left to go to the camp...

She was in the carriage on her way to the first army camp.
She had a huge bag on her right full of most of her clothes,the nicer ones she left at home seeming as she knew the camp site would be dirty and she didn't want to mess up her dresses.

On her left was a slightly smaller bag that the queen had ordered the peasants to pack full of food as her majesty knew the food would simply be extremely distasteful or there just wouldn't be any food.

As Yulia was fairly quite high up in social status she had gotten her own tent which was a tad better than the others.She got a bed,no sleeping bag.as well as her tents fabric being much better quality then the others.it was a mix because white and pastel yellow and pink,of course it Would have dirt on it making it blend in a bit with the others tents but a better quality none the less.

Then finally she arrived at camp.

__________________________

Yulia stepped out the carriage and immediately made eyes contact with someone
Alina.

The two girls immediately ran to each other and hugged

"YULIA OH MY GOD"

"HIII"

"It's been so long"

"I know right,what are you doing here?"

"I'm a cartographer,remember?"

"Oh yeah,of course."

"What about you"

"Well the second army wanted my help dealing with the fold"

"Ah yes miss,tailor"

Both girl giggled and then heard a voice

"Hope your not doing the family reunion without me?"

"MAL"
The girls yelled and gave a mal a bear hug

They all started to walk and talk about what had been going on in there lives since they had all seen each other.

They both glare at some grishas practising in front of a tent
Yulia know they both hated grisha but loved her sometimes it made the girl a bit uncomfortable but She knows they never mean it at her.

Along the way Alina and Yulia met 2 of Mal's friends and they said about how Mal would always gloat about having a high ranking and skilled friend,Yulia and he would always blush and talk about Alina,maybe a bit too romantically.