Withdrawal

She looked at him with a face of pure happiness, her presence alone providing Scaramouche with enough comfort to smile back.

"You're hurt again." She spoke softly, grabbing his wrists as though he were a fragile porcelain doll and pulling him closer. He took a seat next to her on the tall grassy hill, the evening sunset casting a golden glow on the woman in front of him. She looked beautiful in the sun, the honey-like atmosphere only serving to make him melt more.

"It's just from training." Scaramouche huffed, his face a warm red as he watched her vision begin to glow. He felt a distinct coolness washing over him, his body slowly regaining the energy he lost earlier.

"There." She smiled. "All better."

"You didn't have to." Scaramouche mumbled, though he secretly wished her hands would stay on his for longer.

"I wanted to." She pouted, a childish yet adorable frown on her face. "You always look so tired after training, it makes me want to protect you."

Scaramouche sighed before bringing a hand through her hair, locks of pure gold in between his fingers. "When I finally become a Harbinger, it will be I who protects you."

Her face softened at his words. She took hold of his hand with both of hers and brought them to her cheek, gently closing her eyes as she spoke. "I look forward to that day."

-

Scaramouche shot up in a cold sweat, panting heavily as he recollected himself. The room he was in was dark, the crescent moon visible from outside of his window. He heaved in and out, bringing a hand over his face.

It was another one of those dreams. Each one grew more detailed and intricate as the nights passed. They didn't feel like a dream at all, but more like a memory. It felt real.

It was uncanny to Scaramouche. He could remember the dream perfectly but couldn't place who was in it. He stared into the darkness, searching his mind for any piece of information he could have missed or forgotten.

When he couldn't think of anything, he fell back onto his bed, the silk sheets beneath him damp with sweat. No matter how hard he thought, he could never figure out who it was that would visit him in his dreams.

She almost reminded him of you, the same smile and laugh from the dream resonating in his mind.

But, that was simply impossible. He wasn't even aware of your existence until your mission with him, and that was after he became a Harbinger.

After a while of staring at the ceiling of his room, he ultimately decided that thinking about it any more would only result in him losing his already scarce amount of sleep. He rolled onto his side away from the window, the moonlight illuminating his back. He would rather he forgot about the dream all together. The only thing it made him do was worry.

-

You woke up to the sound of birds chirping faintly, a stream of yellow sunlight filtering through the crack in the curtains beside you. You sat up slowly and rubbed your muscles, massaging the soreness away. You only realized how tired you still were after staring through the window for a bit. You lazily grabbed your pillow and flipped it to the cold side. You were about to place it back in it's spot before you noticed a glint that stuck out from the pillow's shadow. Curious, you moved the pillow aside to inspect the shine.

A gorgeous blue stone laid gently on top of the bedsheets, the deep lazuline color absorbing and reflecting the light in the room like a diamond. The center of the amulet was unmistakable—It was a Hydro vision.