Storm

TW / Kidnapping, Descriptions of violence in the form of combat

-

It was the weekend, which meant that you wouldn't be working for the day. It also meant it was an errand day for all the things you were too tired to do after work. You wrote down your usual list and set out to complete everything, the warm air and sunlight brightening your mood.

You stopped at the first destination before feeling a light hand on your shoulder. You turned slowly, the tall brunette man smiling at you.

"Scaramouche's assistant? What a coincidence, it's good to see you!" He beamed. Truthfully, It wasn't a coincidence at all. He had simply asked some locals if they knew anything about you, and some were aware of your weekly errand trips.

"Lord Childe? It's an honor to meet you again." You almost kneeled before Childe gently grabbed hold of your wrist, pulling you back up.

"Please, please, call me Tartaglia! There's no need to be so formal, it's your weekend after all." Childe laughed. "What's your name?"

"Its [Name]." You replied.

"What a lovely name." Childe cooed, though he in actuality already knew your name through your recruit file. "What are you doing today?"

"Oh! I'm just completing some errands." You smiled warmly, completely unaware of his scheming.

"Mind if I tag along?"

"Of course not. Are you sure you want to, though? Errands can be a bit boring."

"It'll be fun." Childe reassured.

Despite Childe's antics in the past, he wasn't trying to hurt you nor Scaramouche. He wanted to see Scaramouche happy. Childe didn't know what made him so sour and unlikable, but he could tell that something within Scaramouche was off from the moment he joined the Fatui. He more than anyone knew how to read people from first impressions, and it was like something—someone—had taken hold of Scaramouche's soul and rung it dry.

Childe's plan was simple; He would catch you on your off day and accompany you, until he casually "stumbled" into an area visible from Scaramouche's office. That's when he'd see the two of you together.

Childe followed you, occasionally cracking a joke or complimenting you as you finished your errands. Childe took a peek at your list before speaking.

"Hmm, you're looking for Jueyun Chili? I know a place that sells a lot for a good price." That was a lie.

"Oh really? If it wouldn't be too much trouble, may I ask for directions?"

"Don't worry, I'll accompany you there!" Childe smiled, immediately setting the last part of his plan in motion.

Scaramouche yawned loudly, stretching his arms above him as he worked from his desk. If there was one thing he hated about being a Harbinger, it was the constant filing and paperwork he had to complete. He stood up to stretch his sore legs before catching a glimpse of who he thought was you from his window. Come to think of it, wasn't this how he first saw you?

He walked closer to his windows, squinting slightly to see if it was actually you; and sure enough, it was. He was pleasantly surprised to see you until his eyes moved to the figure next to you; his stomach doing a somersault at the sight. There stood Childe, all smiles and sunshine seemingly laughing his heart away with his assistant. His assistant.

He barely even had time to process his emotions before he was already out of the room, his pace quickening at the mere thought. He stomped down the elaborate steps in the bank, busting through the grand doors and alarming many of the people around him with the loud bang of the metal gates hitting the walls.