seventeen

╮world champs╰

╮world champs╰

"Coach," Adam said as he jogged into the locker room without his sling. "I woke up... and the pain was gone." He shifted his hockey stick to his injured wrist and rotated it. Carson smiled widely and clapped while the rest of the team cheered.

"Adam, I'm sorry, but we already have a full roster," Bombay sadly informed and frowned when Adam's shoulders sagged. Carson slowly deflated and watched Charlie put his hand on Russ's chest to keep him from taking off his jersey and she slowly reached into her locker to grab her own.

"Adam can have my spot," Charlie said and walked over to Bombay and Adam.

"No, he can't. Adam can't have Charlie's spot," Carson said and Charlie paused to look over his shoulder at her. She walked over and shoved Charlie to the side and pushed her jersey to Bombay's chest. "He can't have Charlie's spot because he's going to take mine."

"Absolutely not. That's not an option," Bombay said and pushed her arm away.

"Well, Charlie and Adam are going to play. I'm not going to let either of them sit this out when they've wanted to do this their whole life," Carson said and shook her head.

"Carson, I'm not letting you give up your spot," Charlie said and grabbed her elbow.

"I work the line best when I'm with you, Princess," Adam said and snatched her jersey and shoved it into her chest as the rest of the team complained about her giving up her spot.

"You're more important than I am," Carson said and held her jersey after pulling her elbow away from Charlie. "We need you more than me."

"Well I work my best when I'm with you," Adam said and pointedly looked at her.

"We need both of you," Charlie said and pushed his way between the two. "Now, this is what I can do for the team. Let me do it," Charlie said and looked down at Carson pleadingly. "Please, Carson."

"Charlie, I need you on the bench, coaching right there with me," Bombay said and put one hand on Charlie's shoulder and pressed the clipboard to his chest.

"Excuse me, mister sir," Carson said and pushed herself between Charlie and Bombay with her finger on her chest, "I was not done arguing my case."

"Well I was done listening to it," Bombay said and pushed her head to the side and smiled when she stumbled. "Now get your jersey on and get ready to play."