~|3|~

It was early morning and Bani was fast asleep when she felt the bed shake

It was early morning and Bani was fast asleep when she felt the bed shake. This alerted her naagin as well as motherly senses and she reached out for her son. Her hands touched an empty space and she jolted up.

B: Rehan!!!

R: Mamma!! I will go to big boy school!!!

Rehan was jumping on the bed and was all pumped up. Bani held her hand at her heart. Her breathing was uneven as she had been worried but the look of excitement on Rehan's face made her really pleased. She forgot that she had ever been worried and checked the time.

B: Rehan it is not even six in the morning, you can sleep a while longer..

R: (Continues jumping) Can't..I am excited mumma!!

Bani shook her head but got up herself. She lifted him and twirled around with her baby. His giggles filled the entire room.

B: Come, I'll give you a bath.

R: No! I am big boy..I take bath..

B: Rehan!

R: Mumma pwease!

Bani shook her head and left. She cleaned the house quickly and made breakfast. She heard footsteps and saw a yawning Mayuri.

M: Hi!! Good Morning.. (yawns)

B: Good Morning! Itna jldi uth gayi tum?

M: Yeah! I wanted to come see Rehan off..where is he?

B: Bathing..

M: Himself?

B: He wants to..

M: Tum ready ho jao, ye kaam mai kr dungi..just tell me what you want..

B: Nahi nahi..I am waiting...Rehan khud se bath le payega ya nahi, pata nahi...mai uske ready hone ke baad hi nahaungi..

'MUMMAAA!'

Rehan shouting reached their ears.

B: KYA HUA?

R: I GOT POO IN MY EYES!!!

M: Poo? How did he manage that?

B: He means shampoo..AYI BETA!...

M: Big boy! (laughs)

Mayuri finished off the pancakes Bani was making and saw that she had set out flour for paranthas. She made the dough. Then, she cleaned and set up the counter. Soon a bathed Rehan came there.

M: Good morning Rehan!! Heard this big boy got poo in his eyes..

Rehan frowned.

R: So? I am still big..

M: Whatever you say..

She helped him set up his bag and have breakfast. Bani came out ready as well. She was wearing a tan sweater outfit.