↠Diagnosis - 044*

Start from the beginning

She felt like an even bigger coward than before. Sage couldn't even say out loud, that she was dying, doomed. All she could manage to bring herself to do was give the love of her life the papers that said their forever would be cut short.

It was becoming a hopeless existence for the young queen. Another royal lost to grips of an illness that history wouldn't remember properly, another forgotten queen. Her outlook, Merlin, was it turning dark.

The papers were in his hands, the diagnosis laid out in scrambled writing of a doctor.

This was it.

———

Jasper Windsor was a brilliant boy. He excelled in his courses and helped tutor student's in his free time. He was praise-driven, like his mother, and proud of his blood.

A year ago, his life hung on by a thread after he was brutally attacked after sneaking out of the castle because of the magic that ran through his blood.

They say that he, Jasper, and his siblings, are of unpure blood. They call them vile names and make vile threats against them simply because of how they were born. But, they didn't crush Jasper's pride, and neither did the scars he was left with.

When he was 13, Jasper had his first crush. His name was Clove Robin, and he was a year older than himself. They did everything together, and at Durmstrang, where people like Jasper weren't typically allowed, they were known to be inseparable.

To Clove, the final straw wasn't him finding out Jasper was a Muggleborn, no— it was him finding out Jasper was gay.

Clove Robin cut all contact with Jasper Windsor that day. And while the younger boy would see his old friend in the halls, Clove would pretend he didn't see him.

That was when shame started to build over something Jasper thought he wouldn't have to have shame in. Who he loved. But, years later that changed.

Regulus Black was an incredible boy. Smart, pureblood, and family-oriented. He came into Jasper's life through Sage, his sister trying to keep him safe and give him a friend, but they turned out to be so much more than just friends.

In so many ways, Regulus Black was the polar opposite of Jasper Windsor. From the basic of appearance, the dark hair and stormy eyes contrasting Jaspers' light fluffy blond and stunning blue eyes, to their statuses in the world. Jasper was the Prince of the Muggle people, and while his title held significance in the wizarding world, Regulus was the pureblood prince of their generation.

Jasper was sat in the library with Remus, the werewolf was quietly reading a book, and Jas was writing a letter.

It went like this,

TO THOMAS HOWELL,

               There is something I must inform you of. My sister was admitted to the hospital wing some days ago, and after proper care and deep investigation, they have found that she is the inheritor of a blood malediction curse placed on my family that also killed our mother. If I'm correct (which I always am) she is telling Padfoot tonight.

               I do not know who she will be telling as of now, but I felt like I had to keep you up to date.

            Also, please do not forget about the meeting, it will be at 3 PM as discussed.

                                  Love,
                                     Yours.

You see, the two boys covered up their chemistry with the term "Brother", but they have always been more than that.

Jasper Windsor was unconditionally and unapologetically in love with Regulus Black, as was the other.

Now, it may be confusing as to why this is important right now, but it will all make sense in time.

———

still not dead lol

my brand is disappearing from this story for months at a time and then giving you a shitty update so i'm sorry:(

i'm not going to air out my shit on my wattpad page but i will be very clear about this fact. i have been extremely depressed this last year, and due to some things happening this summer i was unmedicated for most of it and was at my worst point for months. alas, i am once more medicated and am starting to see improvements

i'm hoping to finish this story sooner than later, so things (no promises) should start picking up pace.

i love you all, stay hydrated, make sure to eat
-cass:)