Chapter Fourteen

Morgan's POV

"Morgan! Morgan wake up it's Christmas!" Matty entered my bedroom yelling like a damn psycho.

"It's not Christmas Matty, so fuck off and let me sleep." I covered my head with my sheets and turned my back to him.

Annoying little monster.

I hate when people wake me up like that in the morning, it puts me on a bad mood and I hate waking up in a bad mood.

"It is!" I heard him ran off my room. "Mom, dad is it Christmas!?" He went after our parents-who are most likely awake.

Better him bothering them than me.

Maybe I just find my brother annoying because I didn't have one before and this is the first time I stay this much at home since my parents adopted Matthew... yeah that's probably why— well that and the fact that he's a six year old kid.

I was unable to fall back asleep so I took the covers off my face and grabbed my phone from my nightstand and checked my social media. I had some messages from Michael and others from Elizabeth. I opened hers first and was greeted by a picture of her in bikini—God what a good way to start the festivities. I sent her one of me on my bed doing a peace sign in return. Apparently she was now enjoying the sun and beaches all the way in Turks and Caicos.

Elizabeth makes me happy she really does. Just thinking about her brought a smile to my face. She was perfect in every aspect of the word—she's incredibly gorgeous, funny, intelligent, successful, knows what she wants and makes sure of letting you know. I don't have any idea how someone like her even gave me a second look or had any insterest in me.

Yet for some reason my stupid self doesn't seem to be able to reciprocate her feelings in that way—no matter how much I have tried.

Part of me thought coming here would perhaps help me clear my head and understand what are the kind feelings I have for her... but it did the opposite because ever since I arrived in town Elizabeth has been on the back of my thoughts many times.

"Morgan don't tell Matty to fuck off, he has been repeating the word ever since he came from your room." My dad stood at the door with a sleepy face—still on his pajamas.

"Sorry dad— but you know I get grumpy when I get woken up like that."

"I know Mor but is Christmas Eve anyway, you should get out of bed already we have lot of things to do for today, remember the family is coming over."

I groaned into my pillow.

"Fine."

My dad seemed content with my response as he left and closed the door on his way out. I'm glad he was the one to come upstairs instead of mom, she would've dragged me out of bed... literally.

My mom can be scary when she's dedicated enough.

Anyway, time to start the day I guess, God knows I will need a lot of patience today.

-

"Tommy you're a little bitch."

My cousin stared at me with his mouth agape. He was complaining about how some girl he was dating ruined his favorites shoes because she got too drunk and puked over them.

I don't know the girl but I like her already.

"They were Jordans!" He whined.

I rolled my eyes. "As I said, you're a little bitch."

"You can't talk to me like that!"

"You just keep proving my point every time you open your mouth little cousin." I took a sip of my glass of wine—trying to find patience in me and not smack him.