-3-

★𑁍★

★𑁍★

𝓦𝓪𝓻𝓶𝓽𝓱, it was so warm.

I move closer to into the warmth and the hand on my back slows, no. . I almost whine but I don't, my back arches against the hand a little wanting it to move again as it has slowed to a stop.

A chuckle above me made me tense.

𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒕'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝑯𝒐𝒑𝒆.

𝘌𝘭𝘪𝘫𝘢𝘩?

Slowly I move away from him immediately wanting to be back in his arms, I scare myself with those thoughts, I stare at him curiously keeping the trembling at bay.

My arms bring stitch as close as I could pulling him to my chest, I move further away from him and my back hits a wall with a thud.

Curling in on myself, I wait for the rough hands to tug and hit me.

I wait for the yells and shouts of hurtful words, but they don't come.

"It's okay Angel, you're safe here," his voice soft and gentle, like Hope!

He says safe but can I really know for sure.

I don't move but I don't pull away either, my head peaking up at him. I wait.

Elijah catching on to me listening, he sits with his legs crossed facing me with his hands out in front of him.

"You can 𝘛𝘳𝘶𝘴𝘵 me," he trails off, a small smile coming on his face as the slight shaking stopped as well as the trembling, "𝑻𝒓𝒖𝒔𝒕 means that you put your faith in someone who gives you their word, they can't break it either or the are not worthy of trust, and they betray you,"

ʜᴏᴡ ᴅɪᴅ ʜᴇ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴀɴᴅ?

I don't question him, not like I'm able to but I understand.

I nod slowly, showing I understood him. Elijah's smile brightens, sounding happier. "Good. you can trust me, like you trust Em, I won't hurt you."

Em?

Who is that?