Everglen and Mrs. Miller 2

Sophie was still wearing her clothes when they arrived.

She had on some black converse along with her black beanie she wore no matter what and her blonde hair down.

From her grey tank top that said "to cool for school" and ripped jean shorts.

She looked like she came from skateboarding.

In front of her was an enormous bright gate.

Her mother was by her.

She was still in her yellow and white stripped shirt that had a tied knot at the bottom along with her dark camo shorts and her wavy blonde hair tied back in a white bandanna.

Alden and Fitz were beside them and Sophie didn't want anywhere near them.

After Alex, that was crossing the line.

Alex and she may have looked like cinnamon rolls but they had attitude towards people.

They were like siblings until Fitz came in the picture and took him out.

Ugh.

She hated that he was just standing there like he did nothing wrong.

"The Councillors are here," Alden said.

"Oh great," her mom groaned, "which ones."

"Councilors Alina, Bronte, and Kenric who is very excited to see you," Alden responded.

Her mother looked at the ground blushing bright pink.

She did talk about Kenric sometimes. Sophie didn't think she liked like him.

"There here to say if Sophie testifies for Foxfire." Fitz said as if it was important.

Sophie choked, "It's a glowing fungus."

"It's our most prestigious academy."

"You named your most prestigious academy after a glowing fungus."

"Stop saying fungus. If you don't get in you might as well kiss your future goodbye," Fitz snapped really harshly. As if the future was important, now.

Sophie couldn't hold her rage anymore.

"Kiss my future goodbye," she snapped.

She let out a cold bitter laugh.

"You don't understand do you," Fitz asked with annoyance.

"Well let's see the facts, I had plans to be a professional skateboarder with Alex. That was my future," she scoffed annoyingly, "and guess who came. You. I ALREADY KISSED MY FUTURE GOODBYE! I honestly don't care anymore. Future. Top of class. If that is all you're focused on then, that's sad. There is more to life then work. Life is fun and if you use it for work and stress that is what will bite you in the back."

Fitz rolled his eyes, "whatever."

Sophie wanted to punch him real bad, but her mother restrained her.

"He's not worth it," she whispered.

"Sorry," she told her.

"It's okay I'm mad to."

"I wish I brought my skateboard with me."

Oralie's lips twitched.

"Well it's a good thing it's right here."

She opened her bag to reveal Sophie's skateboard that was black with fire on the back.

"Thanks, Mom," she said.

They walked inside the huge house of Everglen into the dining room.

There were three people there.

One man had wild red hair with green flecked eyes and a toothy grin. She assumed he was Kenric from when her mother talked about him.

The next she guessed was Bronte due to his cold eyes and pointy ears.

One time when she was eight her mother showed her some people she knew on the Council and she saw Bronte and she got used to his pointy ears.

The woman however when she looked at Alina she already knew she was going to hate her.

She had a look on her face that Sophie debated what she was like.

A Karen or Mrs. Miller... 

Whatever we'll see her personality later.

Councilor Alina glared at her and scoffed, "So you're Oralie's daughter."

She said daughter  like it was a bad thing.

"Yeah," Sophie said.

Okay yeah she is definitely Mrs. Miller.

Councilor Alina scanned her up and down as if something was wrong.

"Disappointing," she muttered.

"Excuse me," Sophie asked.

"It's honestly sad that you were in the," she crinkled her nose, "forbidden cities."

"What's wrong with that?"

"It smells and your clothes not so good and that hair."

Alright no one insult the beanie.

"She's not worth it," her mom whispered.

Sophie turned towards Councilor Alina, "I will like to have you know. I like my hair like this. When I was ten some kid chopped off half and now I like my hair choppy."

Alina rolled her eyes.

"I'm so glad we're making arrangements," she whispered to herself.

"What arrangements," her mother asked.

"For someone to adopt Sophie."

A/N ahhh 😌 cliffhangers are glorious aren't they LOL!

Mwhahahaha...

To be continued...

Also what do you all think if bad*** Oralie and Sophie. You'll see a lot of Oralie being a bad*** mama bear in the next chapter.