Chapter 4: Old Flings

It was monday, and you were dreading this day. Mondays in general just suck, but this monday in particular felt excessively sucky...

You did everything to avoid bumping into Oikawa. It honestly wasn't hard considering you were both in different years, but when walking around outside there was always a bigger chance of you seeing him.

At lunch you even skipped out on eating outside with the girls, knowing that some of the boys join them sometimes, and you didn't want to risk it.

When in class, Machi and you began to work on some homeworks together. You were helping her with basic stuff since for some reason she couldn't grasp the concepts. You both looked up at girls running towards the door as they squealed and whispered things to each other.

A few of them gasped and watched Iwaizumi and Oikawa walk into the classroom.

Great.

They walked towards you and Machi and waved at you both.

"What's up?" Machi asked them looking up from her paper.

"We just have a message from the coaches. I'm sure you guys know that we usually have Mondays off, right?" You both nodded as Iwaizumi spoke. "But there's an important meeting today after school so you have to show up."

"You couldn't have texted us this?" You asked them and Oikawa laughed through his nose a bit.

"How am I supposed to text you this, if I don't have your number, (Y/n)?" He said, sarcastically and you frowned at his tone. "That's what I thought."

"You could have just texted me." Machi said, frowning at the two of them now.

"Uh- Well- Shut up Machi." Iwaizumi frowned and you and Machi looked at each other confused, but then she smirked up at them.

"Did you two idiots just walk down here to have girls fangirl over you?" And they both looked at each other, and you scoffed looking at Oikawa now, who was staring at you and you rolled your eyes. You looked behind him only to find the girls practically drooling over them and you wanted to puke.

"Anyways, do you girls understand that we meet after school?" He looked at Machi and she nodded. He rubbed the top of her head, messing up her hair. "Good, lil Mochi." She picked up her notebook and smacked him and Oikawa with it telling them to fuck off.

"Ow, what did I do?!" Oikawa yelped as she smacked him again, making you laugh to yourself a bit.

"You're friends with him." She frowned and the girls watched the two leave and gave you and Machi death stares and both you and her flipped them off at the same time. They turned to each other and began to whisper while eyeing you both from time to time.

"Why did you get so mad?" You giggled as she was fixing her notebook.

"That stupid nickname." She sighed, plopping her cheek against her palm. "They gave it to me because one time when we all were hanging out I just had a really bad craving for Mochi's and I wouldn't shut up about it, so every shop we went to they kept buying me Mochi's and teased me about them."

"That doesn't sound so bad." You shrugged, smiling lightly at her.

"My cheeks got fat because of it afterwards. And they said I looked like the mochi's, that's why they call me that." She tapped her cheeks lightly. You bit back your lip trying your best not to snicker, but failed, earning you a smack on the top of your head by her notebook.

*After School*

You, Machi and Suki walked in the gym together, running a little late. They dragged you to sit and you dreaded the fact that you were next to Oikawa now. He stared at you as you sat, but you didn't glance at him once.