Chapter 1: From Tokyo to Miyagi

You slipped your way into your new school uniform and sighed out staring at yourself in the mirror. You hated these colours, they were too light for you.

You missed your uniform at Nekoma, not just the school one but your volleyball one too

You missed your uniform at Nekoma, not just the school one but your volleyball one too. Your eyes drifted to your wall of jerseys, all of them with the number 5, except for your junior high school one, where you were the Captain with the number 1 on your back.

"Honey! Hurry up! You're going to be late!" You heard your mom call from downstairs. You grabbed your bag and threw it over your shoulder, and you made your way down the stairs of your new home.

"Oh setter you look so-"

"So much like a girl!" Your mom cut your dad off.

"Thanks mom." You rolled your eyes.

Your mom was always disappointed that you didn't grow up to be the daughter she wanted you to be. You were always into volleyball and you always dressed in sporty attire or baggy sweats.

Being the only girl of the four kids your mom had, she was really excited to groom you into this beautiful, girly girl, but your dad got to you first, pushing you into volleyball.

"Honey she is a girl." Your dad interfered, smiling at you. "Do you have your volleyball stuff?" He now stood, putting his dishes away, "I heard Aoba Johsai has an impressive volleyball team, for both the boys and the girls."

"Yeah, I have them." You answered, with your mouth full of cereal.

"(Y/n) don't talk with your mouth full." Your mom sighed. "Are you really going to do volleyball again this year?" She seemed disappointed.

"Of course she's going to! She's in her second year, she's almost at her prime." Your dad placed his hand on your head and messed up your hair. "With the way you play Setter, you're sure as hell going to be playing for Japan!" And you smiled at him. Playing for Japan was your dream.

"I have four sons." Your mom let out with an exaggerated sigh as she picked up your younger brother, Hachimitsu, in her arms, cleaning his face. "You should get going, to get your schedule and all of your stuff."

"You're right. I'll see you later mom! Bye dad! Love you Hachi!" You yelled out running out the door.

Thank god your school was only a few blocks away, so the walk wasn't so bad, you paused seeing your new school and everyone walking in with their friends. You always hated being the new student, but you also have never been the new student.

You find your way to the office and you got your schedule and what class you're in. She gave you directions on how to get to that hallway and you took off.

(L/n) & (Y/n), Year 2 Class 3.

As soon as you sat down, you could already feel everyone's stares and you exhaled out aggressively, annoyed at hearing the whispers about you.