Chapter 20

We both started talking at the same time and then we both stopped "you go first" Bucky said and I nodded taking a deep breath before starting the speech I had rehearsed so many times in the shower this morning.

"I want to start by apologising, I know it was bad for me to just up and disappear when times got tough but it was the best thing I thought I could, in my mind it was the only decision and I know that it was wrong and selfish" I started as Bucky grabbed my hands.

I could never get used to the feeling of the cool metal in one hand and then the flesh in the other, he smiled at me to continue showing he was giving me his full attention.

"I really want to fix this, I want to fix us and I want to fix the fact that I isolated myself from everyone, I wanna go see Wanda and Peter and Scott and just everyone again, I miss them, I miss what we all had," I said finally as tears clouded my eyes.

"Look now if I cry because we decided to talk I'm gonna be very mad that you made me ruin my makeup" I laughed tilting my head back as Bucky laughed as well.

"I just wanna say I'm sorry for not trying as hard as I should've to get in contact, I missed us, what we had all the time but I was scared you didn't and that would break me," Bucky said simply. "How about you stay in the US for a bit and we can try again," Bucky said and I nodded eagerly. "I love you" he added as he kissed my forehead.

He pulled back grabbing something from his pocket, It was his make amends book. He opened the pages and instead of crossing off my name and leaving it as he drew a little heart next to it closing the book and putting it back in his pocket. 

He pulled me in for a sweet kiss which I kindly accepted and then we were interrupted by AJ and Cass running in. "Uncle Sam is calling everyone," Cass said and I smiled getting up. Bucky gracefully grabbed my hand interlacing our fingers and we started walking out.

AJ ran over grabbing my other hand and stuck his tongue out at Bucky which made us all laugh. We walked out to Sam and Sarah. Sam raised his eyebrows at the fact both my hands were being held.

"I see you've got a few admirers" Sarah pointed out "I guess I have" I answered shrugging. "What can I say a pretty girl deserved a few admirers" Sam added "but we all know who she likes more" Bucky teased and AJ pouted.

"Yes of course I like Sam the most," I said going over and hugging him and now it was Bucky and AJ who both huffed. I winked at Bucky who smirked back at me "I love you too" I mouthed to him and he smiled even wider.

✪✪✪

Last chapter and we done 😄