Chapter 17

The knock on my door indicated room service was here. I thanked the man as he placed the food carefully on the table in the room. I ate as quickly as I could being careful not to choke and then turned the shower on. 

I took a long hot shower using the hotel products. I got out wrapping myself in two towels, one for my hair and one for my body. I walked back into my room to where my little carry-on was. I picked out a pretty floral side wrap dress with some plain white sandals.

In Madripoor all I really wore were sun-dresses and summer clothes. I was used to wearing summery clothes because of the time I spent in Wakanda. I grew accustomed to the light airy clothes.

I laid the outfit out and went back into the bathroom and started blow drying my hair

I laid the outfit out and went back into the bathroom and started blow drying my hair. I curled the ends of it to gave a slightly wavy look. I did minimal makeup with what I had in my bag. 

I walked back out and changed. I went into the bathroom again to approve the look and smiled satisfied. It was the happiest and healthiest I looked in a long time. 

I grabbed my phone and called a taxi as I closed the door to my hotel room and started making my way to the elevator. I nervously tapped the side of my leg and walked across the lobby smiling at the receptionist.

I sat in my taxi and gave the man the address to Sam's sister's house. "Summer party?" the taxi driver asked trying to spring up a conversation. "Yeah kind of," I said answering him. "Nervous?" he asked and I furrowed my brows.

"You haven't stopped shaking your leg ever since you've sat down," he said and I stopped shaking my leg "observant" I smiled "been working a while you could say I know stuff" he laughed. 

"It's just been a while, kind of," I said "I'm sure it'll be fine" he reassured and I smiled thankfully as he glanced back in the rearview mirror. 

"Here we are love" the taxi driver spoke again "oh thank you," I said as I paid him getting out. I started walking and I heard a horn I turned back and the driver rolled down his window "good luck" he said "thanks again" I said as he drove off.

✪✪✪

Always lost 🙂

Always lost 🙂