Chapter 22: Lady Margarita

Start from the beginning

'It feels warm' Jennette thought while glancing at Diana. Jennette touched her chest, she can feel the warmth in Diana's aura. She can't help but to smile. 'If my mother is still alive. Would staying with her will also feel like this?' The young woman thought.

'Lady Dianne's aura feels like a warmth of a mother'

••••••

Athanasia started to eat the sweets in the basket. Her eyes were at Jennette's and her mother. She can see that her mother was really happy when she met Jennette and Jennette probably feels like that too.

Jennette and Diana chatted happily.

Athanasia puts down the sweet on her hands. 'They really look happy' She thought. 'I can't really blame my mom since she was the author of 'The Lovely Princess' Meeting her character in person would be a great achievement in her life'

"Princess, is there something bothering you?" Lilian asked the princess when she noticed the sudden change in Athanasia's face. Athanasia flinched after Lily approached her. 

"Huh? Oh! Nothing. I just feel thirsty!"

"I see, would you like me to prepare a tea for you?" Lilian asked. 

"Yes, please!" Athanasia replied with a smile on her face. "Lipeh tea and make it three for my mom-- Lady Dianne and Lady Margarita" 

'I almost said that out load' Athanasia thought. 'I must be careful, Jennette might find out our secret' 

Athanasia glanced back at the two again. 'Anyway, what are the two talking about? I cannot keep up with their conversation. I think I was too preoccupied' She thought. 

Lilian smiled when she noticed Athanasia's behaviour. She pats Athy's shoulder as she stands up. "Princess, I will go now. Do you have anything to request more?" 

"Nothing, just the teas" Athy replied while still glancing at them.

Lily let out a smile as she whispered to the princess. "My princess, do not be jealous"

Athanasia's body stopped. Her face turned red as she gave Lilian a look. 

'Me? Jealous? I was already an adult! There's no way that...' Athy took a peek at her mother. 'It's just my mom is the author of that book! and she looks happy talking to Jennette, her protagonist...'

"What are you talking about Lily...?" Athanasia suddenly uttered. "I wasn't jealous..."

"Princess" Lily spoke with a reassuring smile. "Lady Diana will always be your mother. She loves you very much"

'I know...'

"I will go my princess," Lilian said. She walks away before Athanasia could say anything.

'I wasn't jealous, there's no reason to be jealous'

"Really?" Athanasia's mind went back when she heard her mother's voice. "Did Athanasia danced with the young magician too?" Diana asked Jennette.

W-what?

What did suddenly...

"Oh, she did not... I think the magician did not attend the party" Jennette replied politely. "But..." A smile appeared on her face. "The Princess danced with Ijekiel at the debutante party"

"WH-What? He's the son of duke Alpheus right?" Diana asked Jennette. 

"Yes"

Diana rubbed her chin before she shamelessly uttered. "It's a shame, I thought that the magician danced with her, It would be wonderful to imagine" 

"Pardon?" Jennette asked.

Athanasia immediately heard that. "Ma!-ma Lady Dianne!" She suddenly shouted. 

Her mother was suddenly teasing her out of the blue!

Diana chuckled when she saw her daughter's reaction. 'Can't help it' she mouthed to Athanasia while trying to suppress her laughter.

"However..." Diana paused. "I wish I was there to witness Princess Athanasia's debutante party" Her eyes suddenly filled with loneliness but she's still smiling. Diana glanced at Athanasia.

Her ruby eyes met her daughter's lovingly. "I am sure that the princess looks beautiful on that day"

Athanasia went silent when she heard it.

'I see...' she thought

'I get what Lily means now'

•••••••••

I mean... Sorry for the late update...

The 100th chapter of WMMAP really caught me so hard! I want to cry...

Huhuhu.