Chapter 2: A new friend

Donna stretched as she woke up, yawning as she got up to brush her hair and put it up, she was taught from a young age how to do her own hair, she looked at Angie against the wall as she slept. The girl put on her dress and shoes just as the door opened and there stood Miranda.

"Alright both of you up." She looked at Donna and said she was already all set. "Well I see at least ONE of you is prompt, it might do you some good to teach your friend the same, both of you up now, quickly!" She grabbed Angie by the wrist and pulled her outta bed, making her whine a little at being so forcefully awakened. "Get dressed and get down stairs, both of you need to eat then I'll prepare for enrolling you in a new school."

The thought of a new school terrified Donna, what if everyone there bullies her? What if the teachers aren't nice? What if it's a lot harder to learn because of how they teach? Angie quickly got up and started getting dressed and brushing her hair, getting all set before noticing Donna staring at nothing again probably in panic.

She grabbed her hand and took her to the door, smiling comfortingly at her. "Hey, it's okay, you don't have to start worrying about school yet Don, lets just go have breakfast first." Don was what Angie sometimes called Donna as a nickname when she started to panic, Donna shook her head as she looked at her best friend and nodded with a small smile, exiting the room and heading back downstairs.

____________

After breakfast Miranda had taken the girls to the nearby primary school to enroll 'em, although due to Donna being two years younger than Angie she instead had to be enrolled in pre-school.

Donna was on her way to class when she was approached by 4 boys. "Hey guys, look at the freak at the new foster house."

"Wow, you know she'll probably be there until she's 18, no one will EVER want someone that ugly." Donna started getting nervous and backing up a little towards the wall, her back bumping into it.

"Hey lets see what she has." All of a sudden one of the boys tried to grab her bag although Donna quickly pulled it away.

"Don't do that." She was quiet when she said this but still loud enough to be heard.

"Oh woooow, so it CAN talk." All of a sudden one of the boys grabbed her shoulder and pushed her to the side, making her fall to the floor and whimper in pain quietly. Another one grabbed her bag again and began to look through it.

"Stop that!" Donna was started to get upset and scared now, trying to get the boys to stop it.

"Quiet freak! No one will hear you anyway!" He then kicked her in the stomach making her whimper again and curl up in pain, it wasn't that hard although for a 6 year old it was.

She looked at the boys again with tears in her eyes, now being scared of getting hurt again, one of the boys noticed this. "Oh hey look guys! We made the little doll cryyyy!" All of a sudden all four boys dropped her bag and instead started mocking her in this sickening baby voice about her crying, making her only cry even more.

"Hey! Leave her alone!" They all turned to see another boy standing behind them, Donna still with tears in her eyes, one of the boys approached Donna's defender.

"Or what?" This seemed to make the boy a little nervous. 

"Or I'll...I'll tell the teacher." Donna appreciated his attempt at defending her although from her previous experiences with bullying, she doubted that would make them stop.

And of course she was unfortunately right. "Oh nooo, guys did you hear that? He said he'll tell the teacher on us." The bully said it in that fake mocking voice he used to mock Donna, this just made the boy even more nervous, seeing they didn't care. "Okay look buddy, we don't wanna hurt you so just leave us alone and you won't have to get hurt."