Chapter 11 - Memories

(Hey beautiful people, this chapter may or may not be a little confusing for you! If you are that's okay! Hopefully it'll make sense in the next chapter. Ilysm)

"Come in!" You shouted, pausing the TV. "Lady Y/N" Thor burst into your room. "Thor!! What's up?" You got up to face him. "I was checking on you to see if you're doing okay!" Gleefully shouting, nearly destroying your ear drums. "Oh my gosh, thanks Thor, but I'm alright." You gave him a reassuring smile. Thor had to be the most normal, peaceful god you've ever met. You'd read about him in your Norse Mythology book, and now that you're meeting him in person it's a bit strange since you only knew him based on typed words of ink on a delicate piece of paper.

Even being at the tower for less than a month, Thor and you were definitely friends. Sometimes if you asked nicely enough he would even share his poptarts.

Thor's booming voice filled the now silent, awkward air. "Lady Y/N, I am curious why you had tried to run." Pausing for a moment you thought of all the options you could answer him with. Lying was an option, and so was ignoring. However, Thor was the only person who still liked you, after your whole incident the team only spoke to you if they were leaving for a mission.

Perhaps, telling the truth was the best route to go?

"I'll tell you, but please don't mention this to the other's." Crawling over to your bed, you patted the spot next to you, "Sit." Thor strode across the room in 3 large steps and sat himself on your covers. "I swear to Odin I will never speak of this to anybody!" "Good." You breathed, slightly nervous.

Shaky breaths passed through your lips as you got your answer ready in your mind. Thor waited patiently.

"I had.. a brother. A twin. His name was Reed. When we were little children we could create things together." You started, "We made huge bubbles of green magic and even sometimes he would go in it and run around until it popped." You gave a sad smile and continued, "Years later when we were 8 on the way to our school, our bus crashed, killing everybody except us. Because, we had a force-field. A magic force-field. At the time we hadn't known what we could do was magic..mother also said it was a gift from a god."

You took a breath, watching Thor closely. He was a bit confused but kept quiet. "They saw. They took us. Stole us from the wreck. My brother and I were tested on. They.. they put us in these rooms, these cells. Some days they would take blood samples or DNA. One person even cut off my entire fingernail." Trembling as the memories rushed to you, Thor was thoroughly disturbed. "Lady Y/N-" He started but you cut him off with "It get's worse." His mouth snapped shut and you went on with your story.

"Other days we would go through a series of tests, sometimes it was simple things, like who could stay awake the longest, but others were more tough and competitive such as who can use their "gifts" better or who could kill a goat faster using our abilities."

Repositioning, you stood up against the wall by your bed. Tears threatened to fall from your eyes but you held them back.

"Our kidnappers hardly fed us and when they did it would be something that made you feel like you were going to drop dead at any moment. Later, I realized. The food had been infested with poison. They had been testing us who could survive being poisoned. Aside from that, we couldn't sleep much either. The cells were cold and damp, we only had a thin rag and an old rickety bench in the corner. And when we didn't comply with their orders we would be tied to a wooden pole, then wiped from behind. It was hell." Your body was shaking violently now.

"Lady Y/N, we do not need to speak about the matter if it has you in such a state." Thor's usually loud voice quieted to a concerned mature tone. "No. No Thor I need to tell you. I need to tell somebody." The shaking wouldn't stop anyways so you might as well continue. "Are you sure of this?" His worried eyes met your fearful ones. "I'm sure." Breathing heavily you tightened your stomach, getting ready to tell him all of the horrific details of your past memories.

"My brother always told me that we would escape and that we would be free of the torture, beatings and pain." Tears disobeyed you, flowing uncontrollably down your cheeks. Thor took you into a tight hug. You forgot how much you loved hugs. Catching your breath slightly you continued on as best as you could.

"He would tell me that he was going to get us out and make sure I'm okay. And he did." You wept into Thor huge built arms. "Then where is your brother now lady Y/N?" "Dead." You stammered. "Dead. Dead! Before a test, he said to me "Just run." I- I didn't know what that meant until it was happening. Reed seized one of the abusers. And I watched as he was ripped away and thrown on the ground. Multiple men in black came through large metal sealed doors. They impaled him. Smeared the floor with his blood."

Thor's huge blue eyes looked solemnly down at you. His eyes were wide as you described the scene. "I ran. I ran as his blood curdling screams echoed down the stone hallways. I ran as fast as I could. A few men followed me through the corridors nearly puncturing me with knives, they shot at me too. I blocked them using magic with the little energy I had left. I remember as the cold air of winter lunged at me when I exited the building."

Tears seeped down your pale cheek. The memories. Remembering your brothers painful shrieks as you escaped. The gut-wrenching feeling of watching your own brother being torn apart. It ripped you to shreds. You hated how you didn't help him. You despised yourself for it. Your powers weren't a gift. They were destruction tools. Weapons. And you had realized you were a monster. You had caused your brother's death. They weren't the bad guys, you were.

"Lady Y/N, I'm terribly sorry for your loss. The event must have been very frightening." Thor embraced you harder as you cried more. "How did you get away from the building?" He asked, curious. "I don't know. One moment I appeared in front of an apartment building. Now, I assume I had teleported somehow. I remember seeing missing posters for Reed and I. It said we had been gone nearly a year and whoever found us would have a reward." Sighing into Thor's chest.

"I am happy you got away lady Y/N." He patted your back, releasing you. "I should've died. I should've sacrificed myself for him." You cut him off. "He did it so you could live and thrive again in your world, unharmed." Thor stepped back to face you directly. He had surprisingly turned stern now, "Lady Y/N. You may believe you are a monster, though you are only misunderstood by yourself. Your mind has manipulated you to believe that, even when it's false." He stated firmly. "Nobody thinks you're a monster." Thor ended his small speech.

"I hurt somebody. At the apartment lobby." Shaking your head, you sat down on your bed again. Although it was nice of Thor, you could hardly believe anything he was saying. It didn't sound correct. "The woman is perfectly fine. She got a few bruises and was shaken up a little, but she is okay." He tried to reassure you. "But my father is terrified of me." You shook your head, as the tears ceased, wiping them away roughly with your sleeve.

"He had been concerned lady Y/N. He was afraid you may be a threat to yourself, allowing us to take you back into custody." Thor nodded. A small smile stuck to his face. His efforts to make you feel better were kind. He was the first person you had told the story to other than your father. That occurrence had been even worse.

"Well the team hates me now." You looked up to where Thor was leaning on one of the four posters of your bed. "They do not! I can assure they would love to speak to you!" "They've ignored me all week Thor." Sighing you stuffed your face with a pillow. "Only to give you space to think about what happened. Stark and the others do not mean to upset you." Thor's booming voice returned slowly.

"Would they listen to what I have to say? Now that I'm sane." A sarcastic smile crept onto your lips. "Uh.. well-" Thor slightly moved his hand to his ear.

Now you saw the earpiece. The team had sent Thor into your room with an earspeaker to listen in on the conversation. They had used your friendship with Thor to get information out of you.

Bastards.

(Published: 7/3/2021)