Chapter 6 - Loki

Your bike stopped in front of a building, large words read 'Esta Café'. You had finally arrived. The café was closed, it was Sunday now and your father didn't work on the weekends, he was probably still in his sad stupor at home, worrying about you. You grabbed the keys to the café as you always had an extra hidden in the dirt of a small plant by the door. You stepped inside the darkened workplace. You had memorized where everything was, as you made your way to the back rooms, confident you wouldn't smash yourself into anything. You walked around the café for a bit, checking the window every few seconds. No Laufey. Had he been scared away for good this time? He had fled abruptly yesterday at the sound of your dads knocks on your bedroom door. You secretly wished he hadn't been so scared, otherwise this mission of finding him wouldn't be taking so long.

You decided, after a few minutes of stumbling around in the darkness that you would switch on the lights. You made your way back through the tables. You suddenly caught a quick glimpse of something green. You turned back around, staring directly at two glowing green eyes watching you within the blackness of the café. There. Sitting directly on a table was Laufey. You hadn't noticed him before as he blended in easily with the darkness.

You ran to switch the lights on. Still focused on the cat. You finally found him, now you just needed to make sure he wouldn't run away again. The cat watched you carefully, squinting it's eyes as you stepped closer to it. "How'd you get in here little guy?" You asked genuinely confused. When you had left Friday you made sure everything was locked and secured in its place. And the windows were also always locked. Was there a small opening somewhere where he could've entered? No. Definitely not. You practically lived there 8 years of your life. You had inspected every single corner in the café. You knew every hiding spot and secret passageway there was.

You pet the cat slowly, it didn't move, just watched you as you watched it. You almost felt bad. If this really was just a normal cat it was going to be seriously terrified by being suddenly snatched and taken to a foreign building where it was going to be watched and expected to turn into a god of some sorts.

And even if it was Loki, you still felt bad. Even though he had nearly came close to destroying the world, there was almost, something cool about that. Or maybe you were psychotic idk. You went back to your main train of thought: Even if it was Loki, you still felt bad. He was obviously scared and hiding, and he must've trusted you if he somehow ended up in your café. You had led the Avengers right to him. Exactly what he didn't want.

You sighed, giving the cat a sympathy face, almost a face of regret. It widened its eyes as the team arrived and pushed through the door. Laufey tried to flee but it was too late, Clint was already in front of you, holding the cat by the tail. Nat came in and helped Clint put him into a cat carrier where he couldn't escape.

Before you had left, Thor informed you that Loki could teleport, however there was no way he could if he was an animal in a cage. So the team and you formed an easy plan, you would find and distract the cat while the team arrived and captured him.

Well, come to find out, the plan had worked, as now you were carrying a cat carrier with a very very aggressive Laufey inside. He meowed loudly and hissed at every movement. It sounded as like you had just killed somebody. Scratching sounded along with everything else as Laufey was now trying to break through the strong plastic container walls. The inside was cushioned in case it was just a normal cat. By now an SUV showed up, you all gathered inside, you still holding on tightly to Laufey. As much as the hissing scared you, you wouldn't let anybody try to take him from you.

~
Loki's POV
~

I watched the girls sympathy soak into her face. Now, I realized what was happening. Oh Shit. Agent Romanoff and Agent Clint appeared in front of me suddenly. I was stuffed into a plastic container. How did they know? Had the god of mischief and lies just been tricked into getting caught? Over the last couple of days I had grown fascinated by the Midgardian girl. I watched her work and talk to other Midgardians at a small café as they called it. Occasionally she would find me outside the window.