Her perfectly polished shoe kicks at Spencer, right in the ribs. She thinks one of them is broken, and Spencer lets out a cry.

Madam presses the toe of her foot against the injury.

"Up," she hisses, and Spencer lets out a heavy breath before turning on her side, using her scraped knees as leverage. "Useless. Can't even fight properly."

Spencer says nothing, she has nothing to say. Soon, though, Madam is grabbing at her chin with a gloved hand, boring into her eyes.

"There it is," she says, after a moment, a wicked grin on her face. "That little spark, Merzost. I knew it was still there-" she shoves Spencer's face away, losing her grip. "Don't worry," she tells her. "It won't be for long."

Madam steps back.

"Fight," she demands. "Again."

✯✯✯

AGENTS ARE DRAGGING SPENCER BACK TO HER ROOM.

Cell. She's been demoted to cell - two walls and two barred openings. Madam says it's to keep an eye on her.

She doesn't fight against their hold. Each one of them's got an arm, and she's so tired, they're practically holding her up.

They throw her against the concrete with no remorse, locking her in before she even gets herself up again.

"Wait," she calls out. They turn, just slightly. "Where is he? The man I came here with?"

She's desperate, but these men are ruthless.

There's no real response, just one of the soldiers spitting on the floor next to her. And then they're gone.

Spencer shoves herself into the corner of the room. She's cold and so tired. She leans her head against the freezing cement.

Her eyes begin to fall closed when she sees a figure in front of her cell.

She jolts awake.

It's Soldat.

His muzzle is off, but his hair is wild. He looks like he's just gotten out of training himself - there are cuts along his cheeks, and his shoulder sag.

Spencer eyes him, carefully, she says nothing.

"Don't look at me like that," he grumbles, and Spencer's attention snaps.

"This is your fault," she hisses at him, her eyes wild.

He shakes his head. "You had your chance."

"I hope they wipe you," Spencer tells him. "You're so fucking annoying when you talk."

"You're no better, Kid," Soldat tells her, and the name echoes in her head. 

Kid. She's not a kid. This is not how kids are treated.

She's barely human.

✯✯✯

THREE DAYS LATER, SPENCER WAKES UP TO KICKING AT HER CELL.

It's Madam. It's a surprise, too, because Madam never fetches her herself. She's got two agents with her, but still... something off.