"I don't wanna go to work," he mumbled, pressing his lips to my shoulder.

"I know you don't." I rested my hands on his once I was finished, leaning against him. "You shouldn't have said yes when they called to see if you were coming. You're the boss—can't you just tell them you won't be there."

He grunted in response. "But then you won't be here and I'd be alone. At least you'd be in front of my office if I went to work."

I blushed, watching his lips curl into a grin when he noticed.

"Go eat," I said, turning around to tie the tie he had loosely hanging around his neck. I pulled him down and kissed him quickly, feeling his grip tighten on my waist. I chuckled when he pulled me closer.

"Quickie?" He asked. I smiled at the question, feeling he kiss down my throat. "Please?"

"No," I chuckled, feeling his breath as he huffed. "After work, for sure—maybe during work, too."

He smirked, kissing me quickly. "Sounds like a plan."

I gasped when he smacked my ass, chuckling softly. "You dick, stop that."

Lucian grinned, kissing me again. "Fine, fine, fine... one more kiss."

I grinned, cupping his cheeks and pecking his lips several times. "We need to go, baby. Stop getting me distracted and finish getting ready."

Lucian chuckled and kissed my cheek. "Yes, ma'am."

***

I heard someone clear their throat from in front of me and I looked up from the computer to find Ethan staring down at me with narrow eyes. I raised an eyebrow and leaned back, crossing my arms.

"Hey, Ethan," I said and pursed my lips as his hands moved to my desk, his knuckles turning white as he gripped it tightly.

"Where did you go Friday night?" He asked, narrowing his eyes even more when I didn't answer. "After you had rudely left me on the dance floor I didn't see you until you left with some guy."

I glanced at his hands. "Yeah, I went to someone's place. I didn't owe you anything by inviting you, I was just being a nice friend. I made it pretty obvious in a text earlier this week that I was seeing someone."

Ethan chuckled humourlessly. "Friend? You know, you're nothing but a fucking slut, Amelia. I didn't have to talk to you your first day, I was just trying to get in your fucking pants."

Though I made sure my face looked unfazed, I could feel my heart squeeze. I didn't even have anything to say at his words, feeling my bottom lip tremor. Right as Ethan let go of the desk, Lucian opened his office door.

"Hey, you wanna go to—oh, is there something I can help you with, Ethan?"

"Nope, I was just leaving." I looked down at my work when I felt both pair of eyes on me. "Talk to you soon, Amelia."

Ethan walked away and Lucian turned my chair to him, looking into my eyes with a concerned look.

"What did he say, Mia?" He muttered to me, tilting my head up slightly.