"The heat from the blast was in excess of 3000 degrees Celsius," JARVIS explained. "Any subjects within 12.5 yards were vaporized instantly."

"No bomb parts were found in a three mile radius of the Chinese Theater," Y/N stated.

"Talk to me, Happy," Tony muttered, moving the reconstruction around. The two of them noticed that Happy was pointing his finger at some dog tags.

"When is a bomb not a bomb?" Y/N questioned as Tony picked up the virtual image of the dog tags.

"Any military victims?"

"Not according to public records, sir," JARVIS answered.

"Or SHIELD's," Y/N added.

"Bring up the thermogenic signatures again, factor in three thousand degrees," Tony ordered.

"The oracle cloud has completed analysis," JARVIS stated. "Accessing satellites and plotting the last twelve months of thermogenic occurrence now."

"Take away everywhere that there's been a Mandarin attack." Tony began to swipe through the information popping up. "Nope."

"What about this one?" Y/N asked, pointed at the attack in Rose Hill, Tennessee. "You sure that's not one of his?"

"It predates any known Mandarin attack," JARVIS replied. "The incident was the use of a bomb to assist a suicide."

"Bring her around," Tony commanded.

"The heat signature is remarkably similar. Three thousand degrees Celsius."

Tony skimmed through the information. "That's two military guys. Ever been to Tennessee, Y/N?"

"Can't say I have," she responded.

"Creating a flight plan for Tennessee," JARVIS stated.

"Are we seriously going?" Y/N asked. "I don't know if that-" She was interrupted by the door bell ringing.

"Are we still at ding-dong?" Tony exclaimed. "We're supposed to be on total security lock down. Come on, I threatened a terrorist." The live video footage popped up. "Who is that?"

"There's only so much I can do, sir," JARVIS started, "when you give the world's press your home address."

Y/N grabbed her gun off her hip and cocked it. "Stay here," she ordered.

"Not a chance," Tony said and before Y/N knew it, Tony was all suited up.

The two made their way up the stairs, cautiously. When they were both ready, JARVIS opened the front door. A woman walked through, clearly wondering how that happened.

"Right there's fine," Tony ordered, taking a few steps towards her. Y/N aimed her gun at the woman's heart, ready to fire, as Tony's face plate opened up. "You're not the Mandarin, are you? Are you?"

"You don't remember," the woman scoffed. "Why am I not surprised?"

"Don't take it personally, I don't remember what I had for breakfast."

"Gluten-free waffles, sir," JARVIS informed.

"That's right."

"Okay, look," the woman started, "I need to be alone with you. Someplace where no ones pointing a gun at me, and definitely not here, it's urgent."

"Y/N, put the gun down," Tony instructed, Y/N slowly following. He turned and heads towards the living room. "And normally, I'd go for that sort of thing, but now I'm in a committed relationship." A crack formed in Y/N's heart at that statement. "It's..." Suddenly two bags are thrown down from the balcony above. "...with her."

"Tony, is somebody there?" Pepper asked from above.

"Hey, Pep," Y/N greeted.

"Y/N? What are you doing here?"

"What do you think?"

"Yeah, Y/N's here and Maya Hansen," Tony said, stepping out of his suit. "Old botanist pal that I used to know, barely." Tony moved towards Maya, speaking quietly, "Please don't tell me that there is a twelve year old kid waiting in the car that I've never met."

"He's thirteen," Maya responded sarcastically. "And no, I need your help."

"What... what for? Why now?"

"Because I read the papers, and, frankly, I don't think you'll last the week."

"I'll be fine."

"No, you won't," Y/N mumbled.

"I'm sorry," Pepper smiled, having come down the stairs. "With Happy in the hospital, I didn't know we were expecting guests."

"We weren't," Tony replied.

"No, I-" Maya started.

"And old girlfriends!" Pepper added.

"She's not really," Tony tried to defend himself.

"No, not really," Maya repeated. "It... it was just one night."

"Yep."

"That's how you did it, isn't it?" Pepper questioned Tony.

"It was a great night."

"Well, you know, you have saved yourself a world of pain."

"Tell me about it," Y/N muttered, running a hand over her face.

"I'm sure," Maya said.

"What?" Tony exclaimed.

"Trust me," Pepper said, turning to Tony. "We're going out of town."

"Okay, we've been through this," Tony said. "Nope."

"Yep!"

"The man says no."

"Immediately and indefinitely!"

"Honey..."

"Great idea," Maya put her two cents in. "Let's go."

"I second that," Y/N added. "It's not save here." Y/N went to grab the bags.

"I'm sorry. That's a terrible idea," Tony said. "Please don't touch her bags."

"Tony," Pepper scolded, "this is how normal people behave."

"I can't protect you out there. I challenged-"

"Is... is that normal?" Maya interrupted, pointing at the large stuffed rabbit in the living room. There was a chorus of responses.

"Yes, this is normal!" / "Sadly, that... is very normal." / "Oh, yeah."

"It's a big bunny, relax about it!" Tony exclaimed.

"Calm down!" Pepper urged.

"I got this for you."

"I"m aware of that."

"You still haven't even told me that you liked it!"

"I don't like it!"

"I asked you three- you don't like it?!"

"Tony, we are leaving the house; that's not even up for discussion."

"I said no."

"Guys, can we um..." Maya nervously started, eyes on the tv.

"What?"

Y/N turned to see what Maya was looking at. The tv screen was showing the news. There were helicopters circling the mansion. And one had just sent a bomb barreling towards them.

Maya pointed towards the large glass windows and asked, "Do we need to worry about that?"

But before anyone could move, the mansion was hit, sending everyone flying and exploding everything around them.