Chapter 2: The Vampire's Test

Start from the beginning

"Oh, I see," The idea sparked in my eyes.

"We'd drop you off at the daycare each day for a few days to see how you did, and judging from that we might accept your idea more. We'll even pretend you're a human girl as well to keep the news from arriving elsewhere. Though, I am certain you won't even last a single day."

Hearing that challenge inspired me to rise out of my seat. "Hmph, I bet I could last a whole month—no a year!"

"So, you accept my trial of the daycare then?"

"Yes, I'll gladly take it on," I smiled with my prideful fangs.

"Alright, good." My father smiled back. "We'll call this the Halloween trial then going in the future."

"Okay! But are you sure it's okay for me to be at an institution for humans? You did say the officials you met with accepted, but I'm still unsure of the security concerns."

My mother cleared her throat to speak so we both turned to her direction. "We planned about it and the location will be rather remote and you'll have no concerns for safety. In a way, it'll be like you are left in care of the maids, just caretakers instead."

"Hmm, so either way I'm going to be treated by maids regardless." It isn't like Miranda's care is a bad thing. But from the stories mother and the books have told me, most members of the royal family have gone independent from receiving check-ins from their caretakers at a younger age. That way they can make a choice for their future, or so I was told.

"I suppose you could think of it that way, just one gives you a chance to see humans."

Despite being in the care of others, it wasn't such a bad trade-off. However, I couldn't help but wonder what would happen if I failed this trial. "So, what happens if I give up on this Halloween trial?"

"Then you'd be left with the maids again," My father spoke up once again. "Though I'd expect less conversations about human traditions in the future then."

"I see," I nodded in return. "So, when was I going to this daycare then?"

"Judging as you are in acceptance of the Halloween trial, tomorrow."

"Oh okay...wait tomorrow?!" I felt shocked. "That's really soon."

"Not like we have much time to dilly dally ourselves, so it's the only time that works out. I apologize if it doesn't give you much time to prepare."

"No, no I'm fine," I went back to eating. "I'll do my besh."

"Hehe," My mother laughed. "I'll make sure to take you down there myself."

"Thanks darling," My father swooned.

"Not now Albert," My mother blushed. "But after breakfast though..."

"I'll look forward to it then, my love."

"Um, let's just eat our breakfast already!" I blushed from the uxorious act. Mother will take me huh? I suppose this really will be making it a large secret with few in touch. I'm guessing daddy met with his most trusted members then to briefly mention an idea of this caliber.

After his run-in with my mother, Father appeared to have a few government members join in for a meeting. The three gentlemanly figures would give me a bow when they saw me. I'd provide them with a curtsy and a bright smile wishing the plans be made swiftly and successful. Halloween had a lot of different topics than a tradition after all. So, I could imagine father having to deal with other parts of the country that require more resources here and there.