Chapter 6: One side

No one's POV

The first task was less than a month away. The four champions have been keeping in touch while they endlessly practice spells and charms. They're supposed to know about the said task a day before it's supposed to be executed.

Y/n knocked on the big wooden door as Dumbledore let her in. "What brings you here?" Dumbledore motioned Y/n to sit  on the chair infront of his table. "Well, I was going to ask you." Y/n paused giving Albus a shy look "Go on you're fine" He reassured putting his quill down, his full attention now onto the girl infront of him.
"Do you have books about harder spells?" Y/n asked politely as Dumbledore sent her a soft smile. "Do you find the spells for Seventh-years easy?" He softly asked, he always knew Y/n was smarter than any other students he's met, she was just hiding this fact as she worries that she'll stand out more.

The girl only nodded, Dumbledore only chuckling softly. "But it's okay I know you're not allowed to help us" Y/n sadly said as Dumbledore shook his head. "No, I'm not the one teaching you the spells am I?" Dumbledore laughed softly. He stood up scanning his bookshelf searching books to lend the younger girl. "Remember this Y/n, if you're unable to master any of these spells. They are the hardest ones I know." Dumbledore added as Y/n nodded. He found a book. "This is it" He said handing Y/n a leather covered book. "I wrote it" He added.

"This contains the spells I made myself, though it's mostly old and forgotten spells

"This contains the spells I made myself, though it's mostly old and forgotten spells." He watched amused as Y/n's eyes sparkled. "Thank you, I really mean it" Y/n smiled at the old man. He felt his heart melt, for him Y/n was much like a daughter, and every professor thought of her that way. "Go now, I assume you want to test those out." He lowly laughed out. Y/n tackled the old man pulling him into a hug. "Thank you, thank you" Y/n happily said as Dumbledore patted her back.

He watched as Y/n's figure fade. "Oh, how I wish he knew how proud I am." He said to himself.

Y/n held the book in her hands. Cedric saw the girl and approached her. "Y/n!" He called out, Y/n turned her head to see a familiar smile but beside Cedric wasn't his friends it was Harry and Ron. Normally Cedric would walk towards her but today Y/n walked towards him.

"Hi Harry" Y/n greeted, Harry nodded in response. "Hello Y/n, we got to go see you guys later." Ron said tugging Harry's hand  we watched their figures got smaller and smaller until it eventually disappeared.

"What were you guys talking about" Y/n asked the golden boy beside her. "Nothing really, they said they wanted to be friends" Cedric lied. Y/n shrugged it off, they hung out just like usual.

[Time skip (It's only a week before the first task)]

"Y/n, good to see you here" Dumbledore smiled at the girl who once again ended up in his office. "I finished it" She said proudly. She returned the book Dumbledore lent her. "Impressive, care to demonstrate?" Dumbledore requested. "Well I learned about this cool spell" She trailed off pulling her wand out. "Protego Diabolica" She said causing her wand to produce black flames, she used it draw a circle in which she and Dumbledore were in. "Very impressive" Dumbledore stood there amazed. He touched the flame and just as he expected it didn't hurt him. He smiled widely and gave the girl a nod of approval. "You never fail to amaze me Y/n" Dumbledore pulled the girl into a hug placing a caring kiss on her head, she called the flame back into her wand.