Chapter 2:The Goblet of Fire

No-one's POV

"What?" Y/n tilted her head to the side. "I'm entering my name tomorrow." Cedric clarified. Y/n's mouth opened in disbelief. Cedric Diggory one of her friends is doing something that is rather dumb and unnecessary. "For a glowing glass cup?" Y/n scoffed her eyes glued on the book in her hands. "Isn't it cool, I mean you'll be known forever." Cedric pointed out putting his arm around the shoulder of the somewhat shorter girl. "Students actually die" Y/n said turning a page over as they walked. "Exactly why there's an age line?" Cedric convinced Y/n to approve his idea. "As if that makes you guys immortal." Y/n rolled her eyes.

"Come on let's just eat breakfast then" Cedric his arm not leaving the girl's shoulder. Y/n had a few friends. A handful of them to be exact, but everyone wants to be her friend because of how kind she is and everybody knows that. "You know you could always speak, right?" Cedric teased. "je ne veux pas" (I don't want to) She said Cedric whipped his head towards the girl smiling. "If you speak, you speak in a language I can understand." He laughed Y/n laughed, they entered the Great Hall a smile still plastered on each faces. Y/n sat down with the French girls her smile slowly begining to falter.

"Hermione, if you stare at her like that you'll scare her away" Harry snickered as the bushy haired girl's face became flushed. "You like her that much huh" Ron teased "Because unlike you she actually has manners" Hermione said with a as a matter of fact tone.

"Don't worry my friend we have potions with her. Plus today is the day when we pick our partners for the rest of the year, you might actually have a chance." Harry stated as they all stared at the girl across their table eating peacefully.

-During Potions class-

"Today I decided to assign your partners for the rest of the year" Professor Snape said as students sighed and groaned. "Silence!" He ordered. Everyone sunk into their seats and there was total silence. He began calling everyone's name the seating arrangement changing ever so slightly Y/n's name hasn't been called nor Hermione's. "Ms. Granger, and Ms. Y/l/n." He announced as Y/n didn't even bat an eye the girl next to her leaving and sighing. "I'm Hermione Granger" She said as Y/n ignored her. She sat down beside her. "Y/n Y/l/n" Y/n said as she whipped her head towards Hermione. She met her eyes, and something happened.

Y/n froze in her spot, her heart hammering against her rib cage, sweat slightly forming atop of her forehead. Her hazel eyes met the other girl's brown ones. For Y/n her time froze, almost everything didn't matter. She turned her head away trying to regain her focus.

"Turn your books to page 394." Professor stated as the class continued on.

[🐸]

"Are you alright?" Cedric questioned. Y/n and him were sitting on the big branch of the tree in the Courtyard. Y/n didn't respond she was thinking about what happened in her potions class. "Hello, Earth to Y/n?" Cedric added. "Ced, is this love?" Y/n's voice sounded off as if it was dreamy. "You fancy someone?!" Cedric's jaw dropped. "Y/n Y/l/n, THE Y/n Y/l/n fancies someone?" Cedric questioned as Y/n blushed. "Merlin's Beard you need to tell me more." Cedric scooted over Y/n as she began story telling the boy only finding himself smiling.

"Well she's smart, and have these captivating eyes, when I met them it's as if piano was playing in the background, and time had stopped." She trailed off, the pupils of her eyes ever so slightly dilating. Cedric smiled at the dreamy state of the girl beside her. "Godric that's one lucky girl" Cedric blurted out. "Her name's Hermione Granger" Y/n smiled. "You really are in love, huh." Cedric said causing the girl next to her to look at him "What do you mean?" Y/n tilted her head "Well for one thing we've been talking for 1 hour now." Cedric pointed out "What? we always talk" Y/n furrowed her eyebrows "Please, you wont talk to me for longer than 5 minutes." Cedric scoffed "Whatever" Y/n rolled her eyes. Cedric always thought of Y/n as the sister that she never had, so he supports and protects her in every way.