Flashbacks

[This chapter contains abuse and drug use]

I cried and cried into my pillow. My eyes were all red and they were stinging. My body ached from yet another beating. I was bruising already. I couldn't get help or tell anyone what was going on since I was only a small child around the age of 8. I still lived with my real parents at this time and they were always drunk and demanding. My door slammed open "Jesse! Get ya' ass out here now! And get your mama and I another drink!" My father yelled at me.
I didn't wanna disobey them otherwise the beatings would be worse. I got straight up off my bed and dashed over to the fridge and got out two bottles of beer while shaking. I went into the living room where they were and handed them their drinks and in return I got an empty beer bottle thrown at my head and another thrown at me which hit the floor and smashed. I was demanded to clean it up even though it obviously wasn't me who smashed it.
I then ran back into my room with tears streaming down my face from the pain of the bottle hitting my head. I tried my best not to cry around them because they would criticise me and hit me. Sometimes my father would put out his cigarettes on my bare skin and burn me. I always screeched out in pain but then he would grab me and shut me up by holding my mouth shut and sometimes he would cover my nose and suffocate me. My mother would slap me in the face multiple times and hit me with any object near her. It was quite common for a few beer bottles to be thrown at me. Even broken ones that would tear into my skin. One day they were found driving with the possession of some very bad illegal drugs like heroin and cocaine. Stuff like that. I was taken to an orphanage which only led to more awful things.

Now at 9 years old I was now in foster care. The woman that took me in seemed okay at first but that was around other people. She seemed to have a lot of different men at her house all the time. One time I snuck out of my room and she caught me. I was able to see what was all over the table before she grabbed me, hurting me in the process and throwing me back into the room. What I saw was a white powder substance on it what I assume was cocaine. Whenever she grabbed me roughly she'd leave bruising all up my arms. She'd hit me if I didn't do what she said. Every night I would hear her with some different man every time in her room hooking up. Soon I had realised I was in the care of a prostitute. It was disgusting. I always found things I didn't want to and heard things I didn't want to. It was finally the day she decided to get rid of me and I was sent to another home.

A man and a woman who weren't married but they were together. Their relationship seemed very unhealthy and they were alcoholics. They always fought and argued over nothing and I would be standing in the middle of it sometimes getting hurt and pushed away. I just wanted some attention but the guy was too busy beating his girlfriend. And then I'd get yelled at and beat next for being in the way.
This same thing continued for my time being there until we got a lot of noise complaints and I was taken  from their care because they mistreated me like everyone else did and the woman was always beaten and bruised as well as myself. Why was I treated this way?

There was many other homes I was sent to but I should talk about my experience at school.
I always had to start different schools every time I was put in a new foster home. In elementary school I was always bullied and ignored. If anyone wanted a fight they'd duel you. I always won the duels but no one cared about how good I was. I was still the outcast and the target for the bullies. When I was in middle school things were the same. People sometimes tried to steal my good cards from me but I would never let that happen. My deck is my life and I would never give them up. I mostly sat in the back of the class and had things thrown at me. And I still have no idea why things were like this. I never did anything to anyone. Maybe I was just too defenceless and weak to stand up to anything. And then I started high school. I got into a lot more duels but was still the neglected kid. I was the best duelist in the school and everyone hated me for that. They were just jealous.

Even til' these days I still got abused and bullied.
But things are going to be different now. Before I left for Duel Academy my foster parents which I had for only 5 months now were angry because they knew I was leaving. They didn't want me to because otherwise they wouldn't have a punching bag anymore which was me. They took all their anger out on me all the time. And this was the last time. They beat me like there was no tomorrow. Because there was no tomorrow for them to beat me up. They were always cautious of hitting me in the face because they didn't want people to know they were hitting me. So I packed up and left for for Duel Academy in pain. I felt relieved to enter the boat but I was nervous and few days later the boat had arrived to Duel Academy island and here I am now. Not getting abused or bullied. I know others around here are talking about me though. Apart from Jaden of course. We cliqued straight away and I know we're going to be best friends. But I don't think being just friends with him is enough for me...