Secret Spot

-Jesse's POV-

I woke up and sun was leaking through the the crack in the curtains and I could feel that breathing down my neck like before I fell asleep. It was Jaden fast asleep with his arm still around me. I didn't wanna move him but I wanted to get out of bed. I gently took his arm off me and I tried to wake him up but he was in deep sleep. I sat up and leaned against the wall and waited for Jaden to wake up. Eventually he finally did and got up to get changed. I watched from the corner of my eye but I tried not to. After him and his friends got ready we all headed to the school building. I was nervous but fortunately I was in Jaden's class. That was the only good thing and I was happy about that. We got into the classroom and I sat next to Jaden and Syrus. Awhile into the class they both had fallen asleep. I didn't pay much attention to the teacher because I was so fixated on Jaden sleeping cutely on the table. "Jesse, would you like to answer that question?" The teacher asked catching me off guard. "W-what was the question again?" I asked, rubbing the back of my head nervously, receiving a few giggles from the students.
The teacher sighed "What kind of spell card is this?" He asked while pointing at the projection on the board of a spell card. I looked at unsure at the card. I had no idea since I had never used it before nor have I seen anyone use it. "I uh, have no idea" I responded. I heard students snickering and whispering to each other. "That was an easy question" Someone said. "Even I could have guessed that" Another said. I noticed a black haired boy with black clothes glaring at me. I'm pretty sure it was "Chazz Princeton", I've heard about him before. He seems like a complete asshole. He's so full of himself.

Before I knew it the bell rang and class ended and Jaden and Syrus woke up. Jaden tilted his head up and looked at me and smiled. Jaden and I went and hung out together while Syrus went to find Hassleberry and the others. We decided to go up to the roof where we first met and sit down and chat about random things, mostly duelling until Jaden spoke up. "I wanna know how you got those bruises... if you don't mind talking about it" He said.
I thought for a moment. Should I tell him? Maybe if I do then he'll know I trust him if I tell him something so personal and... I'll just tell him.
"I guess I'll tell ya' bout it..." I said. "Y'see, I grew up in foster care my whole life... I was always gettin' passed round different homes like a disease. Each family I went to would beat me then throw me away to another home... I decided I'd had enough of it and came here the last time I was abused by my last foster parents" I told him. Jaden looked frustrated and I could see him clenching his fists. "That's not right. You don't deserve any of that" He said in an angered tone. "It's not going to happen ever again, Jesse. Your safe here with me" He sounded assuring and I knew I could trust him. "I promise I'll duel anyone and even hurt anyone who tries to wrong you" He told me. I know we only met yesterday but he seems really protective over me. Now that I think about it... isn't he the top duelist in this academy? Why is he still in the red dorm? Oh well, who knows.

"Hm... what do you say we skip the rest of school?" Jaden suggested. "Don't ya' think it'll look bad for me since I just started here?" I asked. "Yeah... your right but... please come with me. I really want you to" Jaden pleaded. I guess I have no choice since he looks so adorable and I didn't want to be in class while he's out here in his own. "Alright I'll come with ya" I responded and Jaden looked really happy. He put his arm around me and we walked downstairs and then outside into the forest. "Why we goin' out here?" I asked. "Just wait and you'll see" He answered. We stopped at a nice little spot in the forest where there was a circle of trees around us and an opening above us where the sun poured down into this one area. There were sensor fairy lights around the surrounding trees that turned on when it god dark. "What is this is?" I asked him.
"It's my secret spot I come to sometimes at night and gaze up at the stars. I wanted to share this spot with you..." He said. I felt special right now since no one else knew about his spot and he was showing it to me. I felt like we already have made a strong bond even though I just started here yesterday. We laid down in the grass next to each other. It was nice having a friend for once and someone who cared about me like Jaden. I think I may have made the right decision coming to Duel Academy. One friend is better than none. I never had any back home in America. Syrus and Hassleberry don't seem so bad either. But I feel a stronger connection between Jaden and I. Hmm... Jesse and Jaden... Kinda reminds me of Jessie and James from the show Pokémon... I think Jaden and I would make an awesome duo. Or better yet, a couple...
Wait... what? Uhm... forget I said that...

I feel like I can finally be myself and express my true nature. I've never really ever been able to do that in the environments I've lived in. And all the different schools, no one talked to me unless anything was about duellin'. One day I met Maximillion Pegasus.
He admired my duellin' skills and told me I had the potential to get into the pro leagues. He had suggested I transfer into Duel Academy. I gave it a lot of thought but I wasn't sure if I should. Until now I finally decided to. I thought it would be better for me. I've made a good decision. I don't care about the others here. I don't care if they talk shit about me. All I need is Jaden. The only person to ever care about me or even acknowledge me in a good way.
I was happy right now. Happy to be beside someone like him under the sun right now. I knew things were only going to get better from now.